SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtygardener73

Things I will not miss when I move away from here

dirtygardener73
13 years ago

I have some things in my yard that make gardening less than pleasureable. These are the things I won't miss.

Mother of Millions: I'm thinking of taking one to Gainesville just so I can leave it out on the porch and let it freeze to death. I've done everything possible to get rid of these things to no avail.

Bolivian Wandering Jew: Stupidly thought "Oh, this will be a 'cute' groundcover. That was before it took over my yard and tried to choke out everything else. I pull and throw out literally buckets full of this stuff every year. Even last year's freeze didn't kill it. Roundup just slowed it down.

Sword Fern and Asparagus Fern: Can you ever get rid of these? I've pulled what seems like thousands of them, and even at one time tried digging up a whole section and sifting out the bulbs. They're still coming up.

Carrotwood, Brazilian pepper, and that damned tree next door that sends suckers up all the way on the other side of my yard. WTH?? Oh, and oak seedlings.

Elderberry sprouts. I have several coming up that you are welcome to have for free if you come to the April swap.

Queen palms growing on the swale that the squirrels plant all over my yard. Ditto for the scrub palmetto two doors down.

My neighbor who chopped the gorgeous, 20-year-old Bougainvillea down to the ground and lets the Brazilian Pepper grow out of control.

What would YOU not miss if you had to give up YOUR yard?

Comments (26)