SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shootingstar2_gw

Pls help design a wedding photo backdrop

shootingstar2
16 years ago

Hi all,

I work for an agency that that provides support and training for folks with disabilities. Primarily my function of late has been creating small businesses that provide training & employment opportunities.

We have a large and very beautiful garden that has recently undergone a major renovation. In the past it has been rented for weddings and functions but I am now working towards increasing that type of use. I think it needs more spaces for photo backdrops.

The first area I would like to develop is a corner with a wood fence backdrop. There is a cement pathway that encircles the whole garden. I can see a spot where the wedding party could stand on the path for photos. I would like to have roses behind them and smaller perennial plantings in front of the path to hide their feet. There is not as much space for the roses as I would like, most likely only one or 2 deep.

Does anyone have suggestions for the roses:

they need to be hardy and not require winter protection in zone 3-4

probably soft to med pinks, or other colours??

very good bloom in June towards July peak wedding season if a once bloomer or good fast repeat.

Healthy foliage throughout the season.

I was thinking stanwell perpetual, polaresis maybe therese bugnet or martin frobisher....how are the repeats on these

thoughts....suggestions, even on others colours as well, as the important thing is a good look for photo's

thanks in advance

cathy

Comments (8)