SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

P aristata, P res 'Quinobequin', P parv 'Ini Funi'

Pinus aristata ... OMG.. interior browning.. is it dying.. lol ... wish i could get an ID on the plant behind ... sold as Platycladus orientalis 'Aurea Nanus' ... which bluespruce is adamant it isnt .... told to change teh name to Thuja orientalis AN .. which other say it isnt .... bigboxstore ... one of my first.. i suppose that tells the whole story .... i think there was a thrid name offered.. brecks gold.. and i know that spelling is wrong ....

{{gwi:857301}}

Pinus resinosa 'Quinobequin' .. can anyone give me a phonetic pronunciation on this one.. and what that name means.. i see its a road in MA .... lower damage probably to snow cover ... and winter sun level ... cham thyoides 'aurea' behind.. the worst 'aurea' i ever saw in my life.. probably mislabled ... as i have never see any yellow cast to it ...

{{gwi:857303}}

Pinus parviflora 'Ini Funi' .. planted 2005 .. bunny somehow found it and went after it.. so the cage... why it hasnt been removed in 6 years.. is a mystery left to the ages ... lol ..

{{gwi:857305}}

i havent seen firefighter ... will I .. is he ok???? .. whaas would be will II .... lol

Comments (11)

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

Will, that Platycladus cultivar name is 'Pyramidalis Aurea'.

Pinus parviflora 'Ini Funi' is a misspelling for 'Isn't Funny' ;0)
    The true cultivar name for this one is 'Iri-fune'...

Thanks for the pics, may I also use these for the Dutch Conifer Society Database in exchange for the misspellings I helped you with?

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

Ken = Will #3, that's why I named you that way ;0)
    Sorry, it was just a mistake...

• gardener365
    12 years ago

Another good set of photos. Glad to see larger examples.

Dax

• whaas_5a
    12 years ago

That Pinus aristata is pimp.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    12 years ago

what the heck does that mean???

ken

• gardener365
    12 years ago

It's dialed like the man with the fine ladies. ;0)

Dax

• whaas_5a
    12 years ago

That and basically cool as shyza.

Original Author
    12 years ago

you OLD dudes are scaring me with your hipster language ..

ken

• monkeytreeboy15
    12 years ago

Well, I'm 17 years young and I agree with whaas and Dax: That Pinus aristata is undoubtedly swank.

Here is a link that might be useful: Definition of Swank

Original Author
    12 years ago

crimminey.. swank goes back to the 1920's ... nothing new there.. lol

• ladylotus
    12 years ago

Yikes...ya'all speakin in a different language. Those plants Ken are the cat's meow. D'oh. LOL