SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zenlikeme_gw

Pre-emergent, Broadleaf, and Fertilizer for Lawns

zenlikeme
14 years ago

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster ;-)

I have a few questions that I seem to be having a hard time figuring out. A little history... bought a house almost a year ago and the yard (st. augustine) was a disaster. Last summer I applied atrazine and this killed 90% of the weeds (and yard). With spring coming, I am looking to revitalize my yard and am wondering about what and when applications. There are still a ton of weeds. Im still learning to identify but i know i currently have netsedge, dandelions, some type of clover everywhere, and another unidentified that is growing rampantly right now (i'll have to research this one).

The extension office recommends March for pre-emergent but I wonder if it's still too early? I haven't seen any forsythia blossoming and I've been told that's the best indicator. Also, does anyone have recommendations on a product and where i can get it?

Also, I still seem to have a bunch of warm season weeds lurking around. Should I also apply atrazine again now?

And finally, should I go ahead and fertilize or wait some time after applying herbicides?

Thanks ahead for any help.

Kevin

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner