SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

When you finally find the plant you can't live without ...

Today started as the terrible , horrible , no good , very bad day . ( remember the book ? Lol )
Well it wasn't that bad , but I was glum because I'm adjusting to a new job I don't love , a new area I do love but I have no Friends in , and just a general feeling of loneliness . Went to a nursery that advertised 30 percent off all plants , 40 min away , only to find it ended yesterday ! So that led me to sulking all the way to the downtown nashville place I'd heard of . Found 2 madame Julia Clem's for only 5$ each ! Steal!! And a kind nursery man cheered me up , just chit chatting . It's amazing how human interaction can lift your mood !
Back to my story tho . About ten years ago I had a friend who had a yellow butterfly bush . It was glorious and spectacular and I could never find one of my own . Anywhere ! And I never thought to try cuttings , it just wasn't something I thought I could do . I have been looking everywhere for one . Came to one nursery on vacation that listed it online , and they didn't have it . Was at another nursery , and mentioned it , and the gentleman said oh I sold the last one a couple weeks ago !
Well today , I decided to go to a Home Depot I wasn't familiar with just to look ... And what did I find ?? I couldn't believe it . Almost still don't ! I finally got my hands on a yellow butterfly bush !!! Yipeeeee!!

Is there a plant you must have that you can't find ? Or that took a good while to find ? I'd love to hear your most wanted plants . :)
Sincerely ,
The new owner of the last yellow butterfly bush in a hundred mile radius . ;)

Comments (8)

Sponsored