SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

My One Thing for Today

gldno1
15 years ago

When I responded about the August gardening slump, I realized I hadn't done "one" thing daily for about 5 days! So........Today I did the abominable corner of the milk parlor where we had cut down an old rotted tree and let it lay. I couldn't mow because of the wood so there was a jumble of crab grass, polk, saplings and dead hollyhock stalks (this is the corner where the yellow perennial hollyhock lives). As I would pass by it, it just seemed like an endless job...took me maybe 30 minutes.

And as always, I was revved up so did a rough cleanup of the well house bed and started deadheading or cutting almost down the tall salvias in the HB bed.

I am feeling very good.

My goal is to have these beds weed free and sapling free before winter.

The fun thing is, I found

a daylily ready to rebloom buried in the HB bed and more self seeded tall red salvias. They may go ahead and bloom fully now they can see the light of day.

I found red aphids all over the heliopsis again...I have sprayed maybe three times this year. There were so many my hands looked like they were covered in blood when I finished snapping stalks.

Maybe we can get a chain reaction going here and each of us will begin the one-a-day routine.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!