SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Is this the lily Stargazer?

rosefolly
13 years ago

I originally posted this on the Lily Forum, but got no response. It does not seem to be a very active forum, perhaps too specialized to get a lot of traffic. But I always get knowledgeable responses when I post questions here, so I thought I'd try. After all, what is a cottage garden without a few lilies?

I've lost track of what lilies I have in my garden, and am on a mission to identify those that have survived gopher onslaughts. Most of the remaining lilies are now planted in gopher cages, but I've lost track of what is what. Over the years I've bought lilies from several sources, among them B&D, the Lily Garden, and my favorite Old House Gardens.

Right now a lily is blooming in my garden that looks an awful lot like the popular lily Stargazer. Now it could actually be Stargazer. I planted it once, though I don't recall ever seeing it bloom, and I lost track of where it was. It's about the right height (3 feet), and this is the right time for it to be blooming, though I would expect it to have a stronger fragrance. This lily has a fragrance, but it is moderate to my nose. Could be my nose. The problem is that I understand that the characteristic feature of Stargazer is that the bloom faces upward. These all face outward, not upward.

Could it still be Stargazer?

Thanks --

Rosefolly

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH