SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktmeyer_gw

talk to me about spraying...what do I need, when do I start?

ktmeyer
13 years ago

I am getting ready to move into high gear with the garden. I have tomatoe and pepper seedlings that are about ready to go in their pots, and other veggie seeds about to go in the ground. I really want to be diligent about the garden this year, so rather than waiting until I see a problem I want to have stuff on hand and do whatever it is I should be doing. That said, I have an infant and do not want to be using anything toxic. I also have had several members of my family diagnosed with cancer, so I'm a bit paranoid about chemicals in general right now. So, I'd like to stick to organic type stuff, but I also know that "natural" doesn't always mean safer. (it drives me nuts when people use pennyroyal for flea pervention, for example, when it is much more toxic than the chemical stuff). So....

I saw BT and Neem oil at the store. Is that what I need? When do I start using it? How do I use it? Do I need something different? In the past I used some insecticidal soap, but I don't think that was enough.

Thanks!

Comment (1)