SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

Silver Foliage Plants and Artemisia Silver Mound opinions

cziga
14 years ago

I am looking for a primarily silvery grey foliage plant. It will be living in a sunny corner, so must be able to take full sun. I would prefer it to be shorter, but thatÂs not a huge problem. It cannot be a spreader  the area that is left in the corner is not too big and it bordered by roses and delphiniums so I cannot have something that will spread itself too far. I originally bought Artemisia "Silver Mound" as an impulse buy for the space, not knowing anything about it. Beautiful feathery silver foliage, and the height seemed perfect. Then, of course, get home and look it up on the internet only to find that it is a fairly aggressive spreader (termed a groundcover by most people) and there is almost no chance that it will stay in the smallish area. So the Artemisia will have to go elsewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a silvery foliaged plant that stays fairly compact and takes full sun?

Also (and in addition), does anyone have experience with Artemisia "Silver Mound"? How large and spreading can I expect it to get in Zone 5? How deep are the roots and how difficult is it to pull out unwanted spreaders, and control the boundaries of the plant?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery