SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyintexas

What I'm I growing here?

happyintexas
15 years ago

This is a healthy volunteer. I'm trying to determine whether it is friend or foe. I think I know, but need your experienced eyes.

{{gwi:289317}}

It stands about three feet high today.

Comments (7)

• michaelz9
    15 years ago

Almost looks like a type of milkweed. Does it have a white milky sap if you break off a leaf? If it is the milkweed it's a host plant for Monarchs, Queens and Soldier Butterflies.

• lorna-organic
    15 years ago

I don't know what it is, but I hope it is a friend. Looks like it is going to put out quite a nice display of flowers.

Lorna

• girlgroupgirl
    15 years ago

It's milkweed! Gorgeous! I have not been able to get this kind to establish at all for me!!

GGG

• happyintexas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, COOL! I was braced for you guys to say it was ragweed or something. I have two large clumps of this in my yard, with two more smaller clumps in inconvenient places.

Yippee! I love a gift.

• libbyshome
    15 years ago

Look like Lunaria (Honesty, Money Plant, Moonwort, Satin Flower, Silver Dollars)

Libby

• bonnys
    15 years ago

please show us when the buds open....I thought it was a pink baby's breath as it looks similar to the one the roofers trampled in my garden

Bonny

• flora_uk
    15 years ago

It's not Lunaria but I don't know what it is. You could try posting it on the 'Name that Plant' forum here at GW.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting