SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oxankle

Marseilles VS and the Abducted Fig

oxankle
14 years ago

First, Herman, I have now tasted two of your MVS figs; they are without doubt the sweetest figs I have eaten. Someone or something else is eating them too. There were six on my little tree and I only got two of them.

The Abducted Fig:

I had one lonely little Negronne that I managed to keep from three cuttings given me. (I had given one to a friend) It was a nice little tree, about eighteen inches tall and growing well. Yesterday it was gone, just not there any more. Pot and all. Now I do not know if there is a fig thief about or if there is some other explanation. I cannot find anything else missing, just my Negronne.

??????????????

My eight year old grandsons immediately came under suspicion. I wonder if one of them ran over it with their scooter and hid the evidence? Time will tell; I will search the creek edges this morning.

LOL; my own misspent youth flashes before me. I once shot one of my mama's hens with my BB gun. I never expected to hit her, but I got her right above the eye and she flopped dead before me. That was an ugly scene. My mama liked her hens and I was lucky that she liked me a little bit more.

Ox

Comments (2)