SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Backyard daylily and Iris bed pictures

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I started this spring putting in a new flower gardenbed to tie in two areas already in gardens. This area used to be the veggie garden. As the daylilies that I had ordered came this spring, I planted them in the front three sections I had already laid out with sticks and bricks as markers. Before that I had moved late bloomers from another area (tower square) and also from the end of the end on the left to run along the back edge of the garden. There is a path back there so the entire thing is really viewable from both sides. But my main view is from the house looking toward the back.

I was so busy planting all sorts of plants I had bought for the spring that I didn't get to work further on the garden until afew days ago. By then it was major weeds in the middle as I had not mulched there. Spent three days weeding and then measuring, running stringlines and putting in those edger pavers in the middle part to define the new Tall Bearded Iris section. Then the part in front of the TB Iris section defined by the brick edging, will have bulb lilies and cottage garden plants eventually. I have big plans but this is a big project to get done. So here are pictures.

{{gwi:694209}}

Taken from the backyard looking forward.

{{gwi:694210}}

The back section of moved late blooming daylilies this spring.

{{gwi:694211}}

I plan to add tulips and daffs in the area between the daylilies and the edger pavers.

{{gwi:694212}}

The back path and showing the backyard raised daylily garden I call the plateau.

{{gwi:694213}}

Looking toward the exhisting daylily bed already there from years before.

{{gwi:694214}}

The middle.

{{gwi:694216}}

Now walking around and looking at a more front angle.

{{gwi:694218}}

And totally from the front. The empty area between the two lines of taller edger pavers is going to be the TB iris bed. Remember this is a work in progress. I am going to put some more soil into that just middle iris part to raise it slightly. The iris are ordered already and coming in July.

{{gwi:694220}}

New daylilies planted this spring.

I am going to be adding to this thread as work progresses so this post should be seen bumped up as work progresses. More pictures will come also. So anyway, this is one of the projects I have been working on this spring.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting