SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Who's been working between rain showers?

schoolhouse_gw
10 years ago

And the heat?

Yesterday I did the 2nd. trimming of the boxwood hedges. I took a break every 15min. it seemed, headed for the chair in the privet arch to sit in its shade, had a water bottle hung from a branch that I filled at least four times. Started at 11am and finished up at 1:30p. Got all four areas done. Then later right before the sun went down I went back out and swept up some trimmings. I had to laugh when I stood back and looked at the crescent bed hedge, if a person gets sea sick easily, don't stare at the top because it rolls up and down, up and down, lol.

Think I need new electric shears. I had them sharpened last year but I notice one side doesn't move as fast as the other, unless the teeth are all gummed up. Unfortunately I don't clean and disinfect my shears regularly like you are suppose to. I gave up using had shears or scissors a couple years ago. Just can't do that much work anymore altho I still think the finished hedge looks much nicer with hand shears.

Now today I just came in from mowing - again. My grass grows so quickly, it was high and just a tad wet. Ended up making a mess which made me have to mow twice to break up the clumps. Around the courtyard garden it was so bad that I had to go get the walk behind mower with the grass catcher and do the whole thing over.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor