SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

JS/Redir Virus Infection - Anyone on here having trouble with thi

Annie
13 years ago

HELP!!!

I just got a message from "schoolhouse". She cannot access the GW at all. Her AVG "says it blocked the page because of a "JS/Redir" virus infection. Which means that it is a virus that if you get it into your system, it will redirect your web searches and stuff to other sites."

She went on to write, "...I was up until 1am this morning reading about it online. So far, it looks like AVG caught it and won't let me open any Gardenweb forums (I tried last night - the Rose forum came up but only once, then AVG said "No Way - stay out of here". I can open any other of my forums that I read daily except GW.... "

She continued: "Ask some others on Cott. Garden if they ever had trouble and what they did, because I was reading some old posts from a couple years ago (came up when I googled a question, but I couldn't open the post to read it all) and it sounds like this redir made its rounds before."

She says she may have to take her computer in to have someone take a look at it. She tried on-line helps sites, but couldn't get anywhere with those.

If you know anything that could help, please post it here.

Thank you.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting