SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

-----not much new to share, but a few blooms today happy day

deangreen
10 years ago

photo above from the corner bed, a seedling from summer '11 that is mostly double, here it is only halfway there. but I still like it when it doubles completely it's globular like. ÃÂ S. Rhinestone in the back there peeking in. ÃÂ Photo below is yet another seedling from the S. Rhinestone cross, just when I was getting bored of the seedling beds yesterday with nothing new really showing etc.... today this surprised me with it's watermark and bitone petals. :)

the last photo shows Siloam Green Creek.

click on any photo for larger view and thanks for looking. :)

Comments (7)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I really love this second photo, gorgeous daylily.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

I see now it's a happy seedling day for you. I think the first seedling looks good with partial doubling. In fact, I wish you could get it to that all the time. It's a good look! I adore the bitone seedling with the watermark. Is that a tiny one or a big guy. Siloam Green Creek is an amazing yellow/green. I don't recall seeing it before, but it is SO unique! Thanks for sharing you photos!

Debra

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks you all! that pink flower is a good size a bit more than medium i guess?? will be fun to see how it grows and blooms next year when I get it some space to itself. ha

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your pretty seedlings. Normally, I'd pass by the yellows only because there's too much overall yellow tone in our garden, but S. Green Creek is so perfect, it gets my vote today. I'm glad you are getting some nice blooms "up yonder."

The extreme heat with no relief in rain has created very, very bad conditions here in the Gulf Coast area, worsened by our 2 nights per week water restrictions. I walked out to the daylily bed today after church, and it looks like a war zone. Almost every daylily looks like it is dying, or is retreating underground. This has all happened quickly within the last three days. I've never seen such a disaster among our daylilies before.

Nancy

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Pretty daylilies and Siloam Green Creek is my favorite.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I like both your seedlings. Siloam Green Creek really does look green, I like it!

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I LOVE Siloam Green Creek! I don't have that one, but I sure do love the Siloams and wish I could find every single one of them. Every year I try to add a few and I'm wondering where you found this beauty? It's so lovely.

Celeste