SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Is Anything Growing Anywhere?

nutsaboutflowers
13 years ago

Here's my progress report.

On May 14th I planted baby romaine. It's about 2" high.

I also planted the California Bluebell seeds I ordered. I know they should have gone in sooner. They're less than 2" tall.

On May 16th I planted 8 Morning Glories. Only one came up and it's 1/2" high.

On May 18th I planted 10 Blue Lake Beans. 3 are visible, with 2 being barely 2 inches tall. I was hoping for huge 5 foot tall plants by harvest. I think that's pretty much impossible now.

The marigolds that I planted on May 18th barely have any noticeable change in height.

The small row of peas that I planted in early May are about 8-9 inches tall with no blooming going on. My two tomato plants are also barely 8-9 inches tall and looking rather sickly.

The annuals I finally planted about 3 weeks ago look sad at best, except the Osteos are blooming, thank goodness. My Dianthus is starting to get blooms, but the plants are small. Surprisingly, my Delphinium is growing really well and just about to bloom. I'm hoping for lilies to bloom fairly soon. No sign of my Nelly Moser Clematis. I got 3 blooms on my Miss Kim Lilac last week. I think I've got 3 tiny rose buds. Stella daylilies look really healthy and I've had 2 blooms. My Mandevilla Vines have 3 beautiful red blooms. Other miscellaneaous things are hanging on.

The grass is greener than it's ever been =:)

And.......weeds........weeds.......and more weeds. Weeds I've never had before, in places I've never had them before.....

I think things in Ontario must be growing quite well. The Prairies, not so much.

How's everyone else doing?

Comments (6)