SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqdavis

Newly planted fig has curly leaves next day - Lots of photos

Jacq Davis
11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have been total black thumb all my life, and I am determined to try and start an edible garden here in Tempe, AZ.

I just purchased a Black Jack fig tree from a local nursery on 6/28/2012 and planted it morning of 6/29/2012. I planted it next to our salt water pool, but since the water does not get to the plant, I did not think it will harm it at all. I gave it a bit of straight tap water after I planted and another watering in the late afternoon when it was really hot.

Here are the photos of it planted. It is on the south east corner of my back yard.

This morning (6/30/2012), I notices lots of the leaves are curling up and look like there are white spots on them.

I know I probably should have lifted the leaves resting on the ground up so they don't stay wet all the time, but I was hoping to do that this morning because it got really hot after I planted it.

Can you please help me? I have taken lots of photos in hope of giving you an idea of what they look like. Thank you all in advance for your time to help!

Comments (28)