SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_lu_gw

East Elegance - Sunrise Sunset

mary_lu_gw
12 years ago

In the past there have been posts asking about good roses to grow in colder climates. I thought I would post some results I have had.

If anyone is looking for a really nice shrub rose, I have found one I just love! It is one of the Easy Elegance series of roses and is called Sunrise Sunset. In my zone 4/5 garden it is planted in a bed along the sidewalk in a very unprotected area. It has very little winter die back and it covers itself with blooms. The first year it did die back a little more, but regrew quickly, so quite hardy. Later in the year it may throw out long canes, but I just cut them back so they don't grow out into the sidewalk. As the blooms age they change color and lighten so that the bush almost looks multicolored. The blooms themselves almost glow. The color is hard to describe as the bloom is pink, but almost/not quite a salmon pink and then closer to the center it is a golden apricot color.

So if anyone if looking for an easy care, hardy to at least zone 4/5 garden, blooming machine then check out Sunrise Sunset. :-)

I took these pictures this evening, so the "glow" is not as apparent. Also the color looks more pink than it really is. These pictures show 2 bushes with a daylily planted between them. Hard to see the daylily though... I only wish I had found this rose sooner, as I would have planted at least one in the garden room, but alas the garden room is full. However as they are planted along the sidewalk they are highly visible from the street for all to see.

Comments (21)

Sponsored