SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zima_gw

help to select peonies.

zima
17 years ago

I have very little expirience with growing peonies. Few years ago I bought peony root from Dominion, supposed to be red japanese, never flowered. (It was good location, not deeply planted). Then I bought Sarah Bernhardt, the same story, never got a flower. Now with my new beds ready and lots of room to plant, I want peonies. I got Karl Rosenfield at Wall Mart with the bud already, planted it and finaly got one flower. It opened yearsterday, I think it is the most beautiful flower. I can't take credit for it, it was on the plant when I got it.

I read on the forum, that there are peonies from Parkland perinials. I checked their site, it looks good. I am thinking to get roots in the fall and follow all advise on planting.

Which ones have been good in our climate?? Which ones are your favorites.???

I would like to plant 4 plants and would like to have different colours and flowering periods. The one I have to have is "Coral Charm' the rest is open. (I actually have a white one, came with the house. It is tacked in the kitchen garden, large plant, very floppy flowers, don't like it).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ella

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro