SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

The ax is due to fall (or rather, the shovel to prune...)

Last night DH and I were discussing our plan to clean off the stuff on the south gate arbour and swag, to start it again in a more controlled manner. Having got to that point, we starting discussing 'why not go further and remove a few 'hostile' things elsewhere in the garden also?' So, the list of things do for the ax/shovel at the moment are:

- New Dawn on the arbour + swag;

- Blanc Double de Coubert rose in the front garden - plus the Angel roses that form a skirt around it;

- Therese Bugnet rose in the front garden;

- The Fairy rose in the front bed - small, nice rose but in a spot where I'm always encountering the business end of the thorns!

Using one of DH's roof view photos, this is a mockup of where the tuteur will go (eventually...) as well as where the BDC, Therese Bugnet and Fairy roses will be deleted. The BDC rose is the X in the bed with the mulch path behind it. The Angel roses in that bed will go too - essentially that bed will be mostly cleared out and replanted. A hydrangea with clematis will probably be the featured shrub in it. The Therese Bugnet rose may also be replaced by a hydrangea/clematis combination. I'm still figuring out details.

{{gwi:162118}}

New Dawn is just starting to bloom now. You can see from this picture that, pretty as it is, it is past time for a clean-up! It's just turning out to be more radical that I first thought!

{{gwi:162116}}

Sunny but very cool here today. DH worked on painting the shed. I thinned out the bridalwreath spireas and cut the prunings up for the brush pick-up.

The big Copper beast supervised; Misty slept on the job!

{{gwi:162111}}
{{gwi:162114}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored