SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto6_gw

'Full sun' vs. 'morning sun'..... HELP! Please.

momto6
15 years ago

If "full sun" is 6 hours of sun.... and "morning sun" is somehow weaker than full sun, and it's summer so that the sun is up earlier, and what you thought was your "full shade" area (normally I'm gardening in the afternoon/evening) actually gets "morning sun" from dawn to about 1-1:30 in the afternoon (8ish hours), then is in complete shade for the rest of the day..... What do you plant in that area? I can't call it "full shade" anymore.... but is it "full sun" even though it's morning sun, and the hottest part of the day gets zero sun?

Two lone hostas are growing there (the rest died).... although they are not getting any bigger, they do seem to be coming back this year..... some "shade" bulbs have put out green growth yearly, but no flowers (year 2 for those).... Nothing else has survived. **Please remember that until recently I thought it was a full shade garden.** I'm now thinking it's not.... but I don't know what else to call it.

In zone 7 or 8 depending on which zone map you are looking at..... I'm on the border, so the thickness of the line can change the zone either way.

Thanks!! I really don't want to keep going up the "shade to sun" scale until I find something that won't either frazzle in the sun part or wither in the shade, so any help would be appreciated.

Mil

Comments (4)

Sponsored