SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesunflower_gw

BlueSunflower's June slide show- Redux!

bluesunflower
14 years ago

It turns out that this little newbie does not know how to do a clickable thumbnail just yet so it's back to the old tried and true for a second try. Link is below. Thank you to everyone for your patience!

Oh, and if anyone would like to help me with this whole clickable thumbnail thing I would be most appreciative. :-)

{{gwi:692500}}

Here is a link that might be useful: June slide show

Comments (24)

• natal
    14 years ago

Beautiful! But the slideshow moves too fast and there's no way to pause and really enjoy. Would love to see those hummer photos a little longer.

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natal I thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to look. I had the same experience of the slide shows going to fast when I first saw one.
    I found that if you scroll over the picture some buttons will appear in the lower right hand corner. You can pause it by clicking on the middle button and go forward or backward as well.
    LeSan

Oh, and we had a wonderful time that day watching all the hummers. They were all over the garden. I have never seen that many!

• natal
    14 years ago

Voila! LOL That worked great! Tell me about those feeders please. Are they hard to clean? Do they drip? I've never tried decorative feeders thinking they would be hard to clean. I use Perky Pet, Best-1, and HummZinger, but I've always been curious about the "pretty" ones.

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

When i clicked on the slideshow,it said there was no content there ansd i saw nothing but a black screen. I wanna see~~wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Kathi

• Pat z6 MI
    14 years ago

Just beautiful. My heart will sing for the rest of the day.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Pat

• lindakimy
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! You grow so many things that don't do well in my zone. Even your hummers are a different species! Thanks for letting me see a bit of what's "on the other side of the fence."

• bonnys
    14 years ago

BlueSunflower....what a lovely show. I am so envious of your ponds. Hopefully we will build one someday. Your photography is so good. It almost looks like I could step right into the picture. Thank you for sharing with us.

Kathi...that happened to me too and so I clicked on the small lavender rose picture.

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

I had to use a different browser. Netscape doesn't like photobucket.

BlueSunflower, that was just so beautiful. Loved the fishes, pond, darling little hummers and dragonfly. That lilac rose is one of the prettiest colors - and now I want one. You have built yourself a little slice of heaven.

Thank you for sharing.

Almost forgot ... I fell in love with your honeysuckle. The colors are stunning. Mine is just a plain yellow. Now I want to rip it out and replace it. Maybe if I shake the shovel at it it may do somthing *lol*.

Edna

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natal, the ball hummer feeders are a mixed bag. There was a spell where they dripped. Seemed like an air bubble would go up and pop then a rush of water would come out. Then I tilted them up a bit and that stopped it. I don't suppose they are any harder to clean than the others really. I really like the look of them for an arty thing but they are not my favorite for performance. I have also noticed that the hummers really do like a place to sit while they feed. This feeder below is the one I really like and so do the birds. The only dripping problem is if I am careless.
    These are also very affordable. I got these at a large mixed grocery store.

{{gwi:692502}}

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathi did you ever get to see the pics? I feel so bad that I had so much trouble with this. The last I wanted to do was make it difficult to see. Many sincere apologies. I did however enjoy the crying. hehe, very cute. ;-)

Patann, thank you very much. Wow... singing that's pretty cool! :-)

Lindakimy thank you for looking over the fence. That is one of the things that is so great about this forum, we all get to look into other peoples yards. I know what you mean about other zones. I have to remind myself of that often. Oh, and by the way, I don't even know what brand my hummers are! lol

Bonnylynn I really appreciate the generous compliments. It means so much to me to hear that. I also hope you will build your pond soon. I love the life that water brings into the garden. I have noticed an amazing increase in wildlife, birds etc, since we got the ponds going last year. I look forward to hearing about your pond project.;-)

Edna thank you very much. That was a very sweet comment and dearly appreciated. That lilac rose is a Jackson and Perkins, called Lagerfeld. It smells heavenly as well!

• gldno1
    14 years ago

LeSan, I enjoyed the garden pictures so much. Thank you for taking the time for all of us.

I have that same hummer feeder and found it at Lowes. I used to grow Lagerfeld rose too, but I don't believe mine was that pretty lilac, it was more silver and had a wonderful fragrance. It also lasted the longest of any hybrid tea I have ever had. I should try it again.

You have a beautiful water feature and I know it must add so much pleasure to your beautiful gardens.

I will be looking forward to more pictures.

glenda

• alisande
    14 years ago

My heavens, what a beautiful place you must have! Talk about photo ops!! I wanted to be able to pause the slide show......your gardens inspire lots of staring. Just lovely.

• ladypat1
    14 years ago

Beautiful yard. I really enjoyed the pics of your pond. Very good photography! Also the pic of foxgloves against garage makes a wonderful pic. You could be a magazine spread easily! Thanks for the hard work! Pat

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glenda thank you very much. I really like that feeder. I just refilled the two I have and found that the top portion where the hanger is screws off revealing a flat bottom to the bottle so you can set it on the counter to fill. Very cool! The water features were probably the most important to me in the whole scheme. For me water really makes it all come alive. I'm a water person I guess. :-)

Alisande what a lovely compliment! Thank you so much. It is so encouraging to hear that. Most times all I hear in my own head is what needs to be done and what's not working. LOL You guys keep me from tossing in the shovel.
    By the way, you can actually pause the slide shows on Photobucket by scrolling over the picks, a little button window pops up in the lower right of the picture so you can pause and go back and forward. I had the same problem also.

Pat, that was frame worthy compliment. Thank you! Of course the idea of a magazine spread brings me to tears... tears of gut wrenching laughter that is. LOL Seriously, it really does mean so much to me that you would say that. Hearing that someone enjoys what I have done makes the work truly rewarding.

• natal
    14 years ago

Bluesunflower, thanks for your honesty about the feeders. I'm tempted by a simple tube design I saw at Duncraft. I remember seeing a homemade version at somebody's house one time. I may order one along with some of those "no strike" window stickers.

Oh, and btw, that last shot looks like an adult male Rufous. For the past 7 or 8 years we've been hosting winter migrants from the west and northwest. Rufous is the most common. They usually start arriving in September-November and leave by late February or early March, just about the time the Ruby-throateds migrate back. Curiously, I've noticed that the Ruby-throateds are content with perchless feeders, while the Rufous really like to sit and perch for extended periods.

Here is a link that might be useful: tube feeders

• FlowerLady6
    14 years ago

Just beautiful LeSan. Your photography is wonderful. I just wanted to stop and sit a spell in all the beauty and peacefulness that you've created there. Those hummer pics are GREAT! Lagerfeld is a beautiful rose too and the honeysuckle and the sage are something else.

Thanks for sharing Bluegate Gardens with us. A real joy and I look forward to seeing more.

FlowerLady

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Bluesunflower,i havn't looked yet,but i did what the above poster said to do and clicked on the smaller rose and it came up.I've been out working in the gardens all morning and just came in for a break and a shower,then have to go get my meds.Your gardens will be my afternoon entertainment,Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Kathi

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just popped in to take a break from pick axing. More like hiding. LOL

Natal that looks like a pretty cool feeder. The price is pretty fair too I think. It does look like something you could make but then $20 and it's done or a few bucks and you're working it out. I think I'll spend the $20. ;-)
    Thanks for the info on the birds. That explains the perching vs. flying behavior I saw. I have so much to learn about them. I don't even know if I can get winter ones where I am.

Glenda I wanted to thank you for the info on the rose. It will be nice to know that I can look forward to a long lasting rose bush. I took that shot in morning light and the rose had only just begun opening. I think it will fade more to the silver lavender you talk about as it ages.

Flowerlady as always your comments are as sweet and pleasant as your gardens. Thank you very much, you are a dear. :-) You should see us with those hummingbirds, we (DH and I) are like a couple of kids hopped up on candy bars and soda with the way we keep running around trying to get the "perfect shot". LOL

Kathi I am so relieved that you were able to get the link to work. I just hate putting something out there that just frustrates people. I really do wish this site had an edit feature. Thank you very much for trying it again. That in itself is a wonderful compliment!

LeSan

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

OMG.what can i say that hasn't already been said?? Your garden is a beauty,and that honeysuckle is the prettiest one i've seen in a long time,And that lavendar rose is a beauty,does it smell good?? Thanks for letting us enjoy your gardens.Looking forward to more!!
    Kathi

• Deb Chickenmom
    14 years ago

Such a beautiful garden!! Your photography is wonderful and just looking through your slides is so relaxing and so inspirational. Thank you for taking time to post the views of your exceptional garden world!

Debby

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathi thank you so much! I love that honeysuckle with all my nose. LOL Seriously the scent is all over but in drifts so it is always an unexpected delight when you smell it. I rescued the honeysuckle from a neighbor who had nearly killed it. It was a dry stick when I got it and I am so proud of it now. The rose is also a beautiful scent. I am big on scents. I will totally ignore flowers in favor of a great scent.
    I saw your primroses on the flower or weed post and had to tell you how pretty they are filling that bed with pink blossoms.

Debby I thank you very much. I am so glad that you can see what I do when I am in the garden. I try to spend a little time each day just looking at the good stuff and focusing on what's working. I know all of our gardens have a special meaning to each of us and we all have those times in them when we think "this is a perfect moment". I try to find as many of those as I can because I know I am all to good at finding the other ones. LOL

• a2zmom_Z6_NJ
    14 years ago

Your garden is beautiful. Love the pond pictures. The colors are just outstanding.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Thank you very much LeSan for letting me know you got the link to work. You have some beautiful pictures of your pond, flowers and visitors to your gardens. You have great photography skills. Thanks for sharing your little piece of heaven with us. Judy

• bluesunflower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you very much A2Zmom, I am glad you stopped in to take a look. :-)

Judy, Thank you so much for taking a peek! :-) Thank you for the photo skills compliment. I studied at the Point and Shoot Academy. The digital camera really does all the work so I could never take credit for having skills. LOL

Sponsored