SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fernsk

New perennial bed - design / hydrangea question

fernsk
17 years ago

Hi all,

2 week-ends ago [while I was stuck in a hospital room for a week] my curved walk and circular patio was poured - all my fears are laid to rest 'cause it looks super. Now I have the joy of planting. My entire back yard is just 17 x 17.5 feet so I have decided to treat it all as one mixed border. I have a Francis Williams hosta, globe flower, Japanese painted fern, a miniature burning bush, lupins, a primrose, monkshood and hens and chicks on one side of the new path in a small bed 5 x 8 feet [1 plant of each] and I want to mirror the plants into my new bed on the other side of the walk[2 - 3 plants of each] including the globe flower, hosta, lupins and hens and chicks. This "bed" is oval and is about 8 feet x 10 feet - part shade but mostly sun. I already have a Cherry bush that I am training into a tree and I bought a "bugbane" [I loved the leaves and it blooms in late summer/fall] which is supposed to grow into a tall bushy perennial. I would like to include a hydrangea and fell in love with Endless summer but have also been taken with Limelight - any suggestions on which would best fit into my space? I have also thought about a Fern leaf peony. Thanks for any suggestions

Fern

Comments (3)

Sponsored