SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megajas

Plant suggestion needed

16 years ago

We are redoing our center yard bed.. you walk down a 6' wide stone set of steps thru the retaining wall and have a 4' walkway to a center octagon walk surrounding a 6'circular central bed. The walk way veres off in the 4 directions (like a "+") I want to square off the anges at the corners of the pathing with some type of topiary/columnar/ect. that will allow lavender and bulbs under neath and only gets 3-4' wide x 6' tall. Some thoughts I had were sky pencil holly, dwarf fruit trees, camelias, spiral juniper or something, ?? I keep wavering between evergreens and flowering somethings. HELP. This is smack dab in the middle of my back yard, but we need to see beyond that to view the lake behind there too. This area gets partial to full sun, above a leech bed, good drainage, mostly clay below topsoil.

The bottom edge of this tier is lined with crape myrtles, daylilies and iris. The center bed has heather, lilies and daffodils. Surrounding this on the outside of the walkway will be more flowing beds and raised vege beds below the retaining wall on either side.

-Bonnie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths