SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeysquared

a little thing about Mr. James Robin

joeysquared
16 years ago

I was looking around to buy some fig tree's and found this forum this year, so far the forum has been wonderfull. I found a hit talking about an old man named James Robin and that he had cheap plants and low cost shipping.

Here's whats up. Tree's cost $15 each and shipping cost you what it costs him. James works on a trust system. He will tell you what you owe him for the tree's and you send him the money, then he ships the tree's with a receipt and a bill for shipping , then you mail him the shipping.

I baught a LSU golden celeste, mary lane,& mersielles. All cost to ship about $10. , and they looked wonderfull when they came in about 2 1/2 ft. tall.

Also people said his plants come with nematodes, he told me when he first started it happened but not any more cause he uses sugar in his soil and hasn't seen nematodes ever since.Like wise I had no nematodes on my roots.

James is I think 72 and is taking care of his wife Mrs. Betty who has alzheimers and fig tree's keep him busy and his mind off of things.If you call to order something from him or just to ask a question , he will give you all the time of the day , just a polite down to earth man. Since I ordered from him about a month ago , we became good friends and talk on the phone about 1-2 times a week talking about figs or just to talk. He is just about done for this season but you can try your luck with him

ph #1-337-407-0188 .If Mrs. Betty answers please don't hang up on her, just tell her you will call back later. James lives in louisiana.

I just thaught i needed to mention this , good luck every 1 with your figs.

Kevin in Buffalo, New York.

Comments (18)