SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_g_gw

best fertilizer recipes....

erin_g
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've searched and searched, and have stumbled on simple to complex "recipes" for fertilizing fig trees. I want to stay organic for obvious reasons, so several of these recipes got chucked because I couldn't find organic equivelants to some of the ingredients...perhaps my limited knowledge on the subject kept me from discovering a simple solution. For example, I ran across this one:

1 part superphosphate 0-20-0
1 part 5-10-5

1 part bone meal

1 part garden lime

Usage: 1 cup per pot in spring. One month later, water with liquid fertilizer, 20-20-20, and continue every 20 days until August.

I found the organic bone meal, and organic lime, but everything else was a bust. I gave up.

So I'm sure there has been much posted on this matter, but please forgive my time constraints and posting a question that I'm sure has been asked before. I'm sure many will benefit from brainstorming on the perfect organic mix! So please, if you wouldn't mind, I'd LOVE to hear what you've concocted and how it has helped the size and tastes of your fruits!

Further, has anyone heard of, or used Sea-Crop on their figs? If so, what is your success? I've heard of incredible results involving other crops, and with every successive yearly use, the fruit's size and sugar content keep going up....oranges the size of grapefruits, grapefruits the size of cantelope, cantelope the size of basketballs, avocados that won't fit in harvesting baskets, monster corn, walnuts the size of tennis balls, and the list goes on. Just wondered if figs had been tested. I just may try it! :)

http://www.sea-crop.com/

Thanks ahead for any input!

~ Erin

Comments (7)