SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

WANTED: Ricky's May 4th Swap-a-que - swap list

fawnridge (Ricky)
16 years ago

Well, time has a way of getting away from us and with just 60 days until our next swap, I figure it's about time to start a list. So here's what I'm offering:

4 Uncarina grandidierii - Mouse Trap Tree. 2 Kalanchoe beharensis - Felt Hat Plant sprouts. Full sun!!!

{{gwi:765435}}{{gwi:765437}}

The mistbed is full of Crotons, as usual, and there are many collector's varieties in the batch. 1 Tipuana tipu seedling.

{{gwi:765438}}{{gwi:765441}}

1 Sanbokan Lemon in a seven gallon can - I'll trade this for either an orange tree or some other interesting fruit. That's the Felt Hat Plant to its right. Cassia bahamensis - our native Cassia. I'm starting at least 40 of these from seeds so everyone can have one.

{{gwi:765444}}{{gwi:765446}}

Other than the citrus tree, I'm looking for ferns and bromeliads as we have lots of shade now that needs to be filled.

Comments (150)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

everstar - make sure you have plenty of room in your car. It'll be filled with plants before you leave.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

everstar I will bring you some plants perfect for patio planters! How about some scented geraniums, some talinum fruticosum, passion flowers=Subarosa and Incense? I also have Plumeria cuttings that can be containered.

RICKY, Barbcoleus is a maybe so is Jan. Neither have committed yet, but I will keep working on them.

LISA!!!! Hey girl, did I ask you about the thornless balckberry i started for you a few swaps ago??? Did it make it? If not, I have another taking root with leaves (small). If you don't want it, it's open to anyone else.

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Swap-a-Que - October 19th - swap list #2

Q

Comments (150)
    Hey everyone, I will not be able to come to the swap this weekend. I just got back from the vet and my doggie is not doing so well...apparently her spine is degenerating....anyway I can't leave her alone all day. For anyone that I was trading with I'm very sorry but hopefully I will make it to the next swap. If anyone is in the Miami area or passing through and would like to pick up their plants I am available and we can make a bar-b-que out of it.
    ...See More

wanted: wanted: swap-a-que - oct.13 - swap list # 3

Q

Comments (41)
    Back home already, sorry I couldn't stay for the delicious food, but I had a great time and it was pleasure meeting you all.. well those who were there before 1pm. I'm a little mad at myself, because I forgot three of my trade plants near the curb by the walkway to the backyard. The sweet corn is the one I'm most sad about... oh well..there's always next year right.. Thanks again to everyone for making me for welcome and to our lovely host and hostess for opening your home, yard and driveway to us all. hope you all enjoy your holy basil.
    ...See More

UPDATE: #6 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Angie the schools have a 2 hour delay it is crazy I live fairly close to the city and it is crazy everwhere and my daughter goes to Pitt but the Titusville campus boy am I glad she isn't at the main campus did you see all the craziness in oakland the fires in the street they are arresting some now. we do take the super bowl seriously I work in downtown Pittsburgh it will be rockiny tomorrow. Patty
    ...See More

NEW: 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (134)
    Good Morning everyone!:) Just so everyone knows why I keep posting,I am helping Patty out,she has alot going on and has fit this swap into her busy schedule for us,so I offered my help in keeping up with questions and stuff,so she isn't so overwhelmed and can enjoy herself a bit also!:) I received an email that someone was having problems with the links I sent,is anyone else having a problem with them? I tried a few out and had no problems,but I am wondering if anyone else has not been able to access the pages from them.Please let me know.:) Also I am not sure if you guys are aware,but Kate,kms4me is having a funny winter story contest on the conversation side of seed exchange. She has offered up 20 awesome packs of seeds as the prize! Those of you familiar with Kate know she has great seeds,the funniest story walks away with them! So go on over and tell us something funny that has happened to you in the winter months and maybe you will be the lucky duck that gets to grow some of these awesome seeds she is offering! I am including the link! :) Kym...lol...I know what you mean about wanting them all and wanting them now...lol...I cant remember who it was that said seeds are like Pokemon...Got catch 'em all!....but she is soooooo right!:) As of now we are 57 strong!!!!!!!! :D
    ...See More
  • gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

CindeeA, sadly, the B-Berry did not live long. I sure would like another. My Blackberry patch is blooming/fruiting now. How did you do the cuttings?

Is there anything I can bring for you?

Lisa

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

NYTrini, ok, I'll get some herbs together, do you have any more yellow 4'o clocks.

Silly, how about one of those red fingernail bromeliads for me? And you want?

Cherie, I am so glad you can make it, is there anything you are looking for? gal sized fairy duster? You gave me a lot last time, so it's pay back. ;o)

Cindee how about a thornless blackberry for that tapioca?

Ricky, would you have an A. fasciata with the red bloom to spare, I have the pink.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

katkin - I think so. It's getting hard to tell them apart. But I'll cut one of the new pups I believe to be red and it's yours.

Also, I've rooted a nice size piece of Ficus triangularis to trade for another small tree. This one has a trunk as thick as my thumb and leaves coming out from all sides. It'll plant out at 18".

• everstar
    16 years ago

cindeea: I would very much like scented geraniums! Do you have rose or lemon, perhaps? And passion flowers and... well, I'll try anything. :)

Ricky: I don't know whether to be glad or sorry that my car is a two-door coupe.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Star you should be sad....my first swap I didnt have anything to trade either...I came with a lemon meringue pie and nothing else and left with a RAV4 full of stuff...so much in fact that I was carrying plants on my lap.... :-)

• cindeea
    16 years ago

OK Katkin and Lisa, I have only ONE that's 1 thornless blackberry. Lisa, I just take an end of the vine and rather than trellis it, I tuck it under some soil with about 2-3 nodes and then let it root! Lisa, the one I have is yours, girl. You have given me so MUCH in the past and I am sorry the last one met an untimely death. Garden death HAPPENS. Katkin, I will grab another piece of the vine and bury it for you tomorrow. We'll see if it roots. These are very large yet tart fruits. They have NO thorns so they would not work on any of Ricky's playground designs...lol

everstar- this was originally told to me to be a 'Lemon Rose' scented geranium. It can get large and bushy but is easliy controlled. It is beautiful even though it has never bloomed for me-the fragrance of its leaves is wonderful and it is so pretty. I would have no proplem plunking a pillow down in it's massive leaves and sleeping. It is heavenly scented.

Today I did some major trimming. I have 3 very nice Chaya (spinach tree) cuttings in the rooting process along with some white crown of thorn cuttings, more scented geraniums. Come on people, I am making these plants for YOU. Takers wanted.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Cindeea I will answer your call for takers... I would love some of the passies (either or both) and scented geraniums.

Everstar would you like some spanish thyme?

Lisa if you still have too many orange trees I would love to take one or two off your hands. Anything I have that you want? WE just had a big cleanup done in the yard and I have tons of christmas palm seeds if you would like those.....let me know though I will take them off the garbage pile tommorrow...I may even have some palm seedlings left if they didnt pull them all out.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Any takers?

• sillybugs
    16 years ago

katkin- got you down for the brom.
    i dont know what you have :)

• cdbinfl
    16 years ago

Katkin,
    I don't know what a fairy duster is, but I'm sure I don't have one, so yes! Sounds great!

And now I have to rush off to work, some day I will get a list together of what i am bringing. I used to log on to Gardenweb at work on my lunch break, but it has been blocked. I can't seem to find the time to spend online, weekends are all filled with gardening and nights are too busy. I guess I need a rainy day!

Cherie

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cherie - don't forget to request your invite!

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

So I've been potting stuff up for the swap.....Ricky's swap is right in the middle of my finals so I won't have time as it gets closer. Therefore if anyone is interested in anything I have to offer please let me know as soon as possible.

Solstice I have planted up about 4 Salvia for you....they are small so should take to the transplant well.....would you like more? I don't want to bring too much stuff and then have to bring it back home. Also I got the cassia alata seeds for you yesterday....would you like me to plant some for you or did you just want the seeds?

Marilyn you've been very quiet...I know you don't have anything to swap but if you are going to Ricky's and would like something I have listed please do not be shy....let me know.....trade is unneccessary....I have gotten much from Gardenwebbers and I am happy I can pass it on :-)

Helen....did you want begonia cuttings? Or would you like me to plant them for you?

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

ohh, yes my Gemini friend, I would love some begonias. I'll bring some for you too.

Veronika, is there any heliconia in particular that you've been wanting? They're all still pretty new but maybe I can make a small division.

I also potted up some well-rooted cuttings yesterday and started some more. Misc Begonias, Christmas candy coleus (Nancy are you coming??), Dipt in wine, Perilla, others.

I also read about water rooting Plumerias so I'm trying that too. We'll see how it goes, lol.

I'll try to make a slide show and post some things later.

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

I always have
    jungle red hibiscus
    Dracena
    Phillipine Violet
    Sanchezia
    Bleeding heart vine(red & white)
    Monstera
    And the ever popular heliconia Bahai jacquinii
    I'll be out in the garden later to see what else I can find.
    (I did a copy and paste from the last swap 10/2007)

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

I will root some variegated mint

Here is a link that might be useful: plants I can bring

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Kristi, what is Bahai jacquinii? Googled and found nothing.

Evelyn, I'd love a piece of that mint. Do I have anything for you??

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

cindee, you got it. No trade necessary :-)

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

It's much prettier in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: heliconia

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Anybody want a dwarf red power puff seedling, dwarf yellow poinciana seedling, var. vinca vine, or double blue pea vines seedlings?

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Anyone have Hedychium Daniel Weeks or white butterfly ginger to trade?

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Helen,
    I have both, butterfly ginger is already established in the pot. I will dig the Hedychium Daniel Weeks for you. I think I am ok with the heliconias, I am getting the bromeliad and rhizomatous begonia bug.
    Do you or anyone have the costus woodsonii dwarf? (spiral ginger with the red lipstic like bloom, but this one is only about 2 ft tall). I thought, that I had it now that it reached 6ft and counting, I don't longer think so.
    I also would love some acetosella hibiscus, at leas two or three.
    This is what I have for a trade to be work out before hand:(I am not bringing all of this to the swap)
    Costus barbatus
    Costus woodsonii
    Alpinia galanga -Galangal (spice used in thai kitchen)
    Alpinia formosana - pinstripe
    Alpinia purpurata red
    Alpinia nutans narrow leaf
    Hedychium Kewense
    Hedychium Daniel Weeks
    Hedychium coronarium- Butterfly ginger
    Psittacorum Lady Di
    Heliconia Cari-Bihai green thumb
    Heliconia Cari-Bihai Kawachi
    Heliconia Rostrata- Pendant Lobster claw
    Heliconia episcopalis -Orange spear

Mexican flame wine
    Virginia chain saw fern
    Green wave fern
    Philodendron gloriosum
    Philodendron mamey
    Pitaya dragon fruit- Physical graffity, Yellow
    Lemon grass (potted established)

Hoya latifolia
    Mounted staghorn fern
    Aglaonema commutatum (Silver queen)
    Aglaonema picta tricolor (for an equal trade)
    Then there is some cactus, begonias, ferns, bromeliads.
    I am looking for: unusual long lasting blooming bromeliads, air plants (to be mounted on trees), ferns unusual, philodendrons, anthuriums, rhizomatous begonias (ground cover), anything unsual. I may add more stuff as it will put out new shoots (especially the gingers are still little bit beaten up after the winter).
    Veronika

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Veronika - I'll take as much of the Green Wave Fern as you can pot up. Would you like a Ficus triangularus - Triangle Ficus Tree - small tree with well-behaved root system and a unique three-side leaf?

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Veronika, I have a tons of air plants that I believe are called Tillandsia....are you interested?

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Veronika, do you have Philodendron Burl Marx? I can try to take a piece of mine for you.

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Yes, Ricky, I would love those.
    Yes, Cindeea, I don't have that one, would love to get a cutting. Would you like any of my philos?
    Veronika

• cindeea
    15 years ago

I still have a Wine red pumie and an aztek gold. 3 Jatropha Multifida seedlongs, nice size well rooted, and 3 Spinach Tree cuttings for the taking....anyone???

Is anyone interested in Amaryllis seeds? I have a mess of crosses I made this year and you can have the pick of them. If not, I won't drag them along. Here's my Amaryllis album, take of look at what has bloomed for me this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amaryllis Seed Parents

• wanda662
    15 years ago

Would anyone be interested in "Maid of Orleans" Jasmin?

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Veronika-I shoul have looked before offering! But I was able to find a short shoot. I am starting it water. They root rather quickly and might just have some by the swap. Both Philodendron gloriosum and Philodendron mamei are beautiful! I'd love a piece of the gloriosum! And that Green Wave is splendid. Got a little piece of the fern for me too? C'mon, what else can I bring you???

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Cindeea,

I'd love some amaryllis seeds....they are all so beautiful I don't really which ones.....surprise me :-) Can I bring you anything?

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Veronika,
    I have the dwarf red button ginger for you. I also sent you an email!

Helen

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Nytrinigemini,
    I would love your air plants. What can I get for you?
    Ricky, I already brought you bunch of that fern, you still want some more? No problem, I have buch. If you have any bromeliads to be mounted on trees, or are thinning out any of your air plants, then think of me.
    Cindeea, the gloriosum is one of my favorite plant of all time. It is just "glorious", beautiful velvety leaves. I have some in pots and some outside, it is stunning either way. If you have a cutting of that dark plummeria (the dark burgundy)one, I would love a piece of that. The fern is no problem, I will bring bunch for you too.
    Veronika

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Veronika - The more the better. I have several areas that have been recently cleaned out and ferns would work perfectly in all of them.

I will be harvesting bromeliads after the educational session and before we start drinking heavily. There will be plenty for all. The neo's that I grow in the ground work just as well in trees.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Veronika, I will get you a handsome wine plumie started. I actually think I have one going. The flowers make the sweetest pinwheel.

Does the gloriosum need lots of shade? It would be great under my pergola. I got under that sucker today and cleared out a lot of dead leaves, pulled out tons of macho ferns and have lots of open spaces, now. The Broms under there were smiling at me when I crawled out. But my knees and hips are yelling at me tonight for all the bent over maneuvers! I am ready for bed. Thank you!

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Veronika, what kind of cacti do you have? I got into them recently....but I only like the ones without the prickly thorns. If not a piece of the dragon fruit would be nice...although unneccessary. Or maybe a lobster claw....I don't know you have alot of good stuff. :-) I will bring you tons of air plants.....right now they are all on a tree that looks like it might have to come down soon....so as many as I can save are yours.

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

does anyone have
    red or white fire cracker plant,
    butterfly ginger
    turks cap or flame azalea ?

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sillybugs - I have both red and yellow Firecracker. I'll cut a few pieces today and put them in the mistbed for you.

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Silly, I'll start some turk's cap for you. ;o) Red?

Trini, I have dragon fruit for, don't know which one though.

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Trini,
    I have physical grafitti dragon fruit, and I will bring you the lobster claw. They are blooming right now, so pretty.

Silly, I will bring you butterfly ginger.

Yes, Cindy, the gloriousum will take some shade. You will love this plant, your effort will be worth it.

Ricky, Thanks for the broms.

Who said that they have the red leaved hibiscus acetocella? I guess, I have to go back in the posts. I am really interested in that.
    Veronika

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

yay :-D thanks ricky,katkin and veronika!

im starting a new butterfly/bird area in the front of my apt.

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Trini, I'd love some tillansia, if you can spare them.

Wanda, I'd take the maid of N.O., what can I get for you?

Grow, I think I have the hibiscus ace, I can bring you. What did you want in trade for the aglanonema tricolor?

Who wanted royal poincianna seeds?

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Grow, would you like a red banana pup for that aglanonema?

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Katkin,
    This a beautiful, very rare aglanonema, it's leaves look like camouflage fabric. Very cool. I have the red bananas from Treefrog, remember?
    Veronika

• wanda662
    15 years ago

Katkin,I'll pot the jasmin for you Katkin. I'll take anything you have extras of, I'm not choosy. Mostly sun loving plants.

Trini, I have a cacti that doesn't have thorns but don't know the name. I'll bring that along also just in case you like it.

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Katkin, I have enough tilandsia for you :-) I don't care what type of dragon fruit it is....right now I am into edibles and the dragon fruits is such a weird one...it will be a surprise :-) Actually the first time I had a dragon fruit was at a swap....the first time I had a mulberry was a few days ago from a plant I got at a swap...I learn so much and try so many different things because of gardenweb:-)

Veronika, thank you so much....I looked up the the dragon fruit and itlooks cool I can't wait to get it:-) And my hubby has been wanting a lobster claw for awhile now. We bought some seeds once....the birds thanked us for lunch :-)

• nytrinigemini
    15 years ago

Wanda thanks so much for thinking of me.....is there anything I can bring for you?

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Grow, this is a red fruit on the green banana plant, gets about 10 feet tall. Not the ornamental we got from TF.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Veronika, I have acetosella. I'll bring you a seedling and some seeds.

nytrini-do you want some rick rack cactus? Mine is getting to long.

• growgrow
    15 years ago

Sorry, Katkin, I have Jamaican dwarf red already growing in the garden. I am still waiting for it to fruit, any time now...
    I can not wait for the colors. Is it beautiful?
    Veronika

Sponsored