SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dieseler

Trying A Rooing Gel

dieseler
15 years ago

Well i like experimenting with things and i finally was able to purchse some clonex red rooting gel thats made for Hardwood cuttings. Most of the powders and gels are for green or semi hardwood this red stuff supposed to have higher concentrations of iba 8g/L. Its suppose to feed the cuttings thruout the process with hormones and all that good stuff that i have no idea about. I've read about this stuff and wanted to try it on some but not all ucdavis cuttings i hope to get in near future. Im going to use the baggie method on some and gel on some of the sticks and see what happens. I ordered the small 50ML of it and probably will experiment with other things around the landscape such as a special Elm tree i had bought some years back that fights the dutch elm disease or my tulip tree just for fun. I know i know there are other ways and fig sticks are easy to propagate but theres still that little kid in me that likes to experiment, good thing i dont have a lab or anything i would have probably turned green by now.

Martin

Comments (9)