SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

Back worries

KaraLynn
18 years ago

For the last few weeks I've been having a great deal of pain in my right leg that both my regular doctor and chiropractor thought was being caused by a pinched nerve in my lower back. Last week my doctor sent me to get a MRI to find out exactly where the problem was. I just got a phone call from my doctor's office with the results. Turns out that I don't have a pinched nerve, instead I have a herniated disk in my mid back. Now I'm waiting for a call from the neurogolist's office that my doctor has referred me to. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get an appointment with them and maybe even longer before I find out if I'll need surgery or shots. I'm really nervous about the possibiliy that I'll have to have surgery on my back. Until then I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity which is driving me crazy. I haven't been able to get anything done outside except some watering and planting a few small plants. I have no idea when I'll be able to get some of the half done yard projects (like the dry stream bed and mulching) completed. Or if I'll be able to complete them myself even after my back is better. And the weather lately has been perfect for working out side too!

Has anyone else had this type of problem with their back?

Comments (12)