SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katkin_gw

Cancer Udate from Johns Hopins

katkin_gw
16 years ago

I thought this info very interesting and thought I would pass it on. :o)

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY .

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the

cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.

3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

WHAT CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at

temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

(PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT)

Comments (11)

• solstice98
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Katkin, I'm sorry but this is false. Please check out the link below to the Snopes page that refutes this alleged report.

The following are not my words; they are from the snopes investigation:

Of the "Cancer Update" email (most of the information contained within which is of the "quack" variety), Johns Hopkins says:
    An email falsely attributed to Johns Hopkins describing properties of cancer cells and suggesting prevention strategies has begun circulating in Internet. Johns Hopkins did not publish the email, entitled "Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins", nor do we endorse its contents.

WARNING!!! KATE'S SOAPBOX

I realize I've challenged a couple things posted here recently, concerning health or dietary topics. I apologize if I've made any of you angry because I value the community so highly and each of you as individuals as well. If my comments lead to more discussion and a good dialog on the subject, then I have to believe that is a good thing.

I am definitely NOT a young, healthy, thin or physically fit person so who am I to challenge this stuff, right? Honestly, I don't mean to offend anyone and if you want to live an organic, meat-free lifestyle, that's great. I think we should consider the value of the food we eat and anything we use on our bodies. I'm not questioning that. But - and this is a Big But (LOL) - when the science presented is just plain wrong, I have to say something and challenge it. My body might be 55 years old and round, but my brain still works fairly well. I believe that much good information is discarded because it's wrapped up in "quack" science. Statements like "cancer feeds on mucus" or "meat-based diet it acidic" or "distilled water is acidic" mask any good information that may be contained in the article. And attributing it to one of the most respected scientific universities in the world just makes it worse. Let's separate opinion from fact.

If you receive an email that you question, please check out snopes.com or urbanlegend.com or do some other research. "The truth is out there."

Here is a link that might be useful: snopes.com on alleged Johns Hopkins rpt

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Kate ....I believe it is good that you question things....I like to hear all sides of a story before I make up my mind....that being said though, I have been known to try a few things before research :-) Also I do not think you question things in a rude or mean manner.

Katkin...thank you for posting what you thought was useful information....this forum has been a learning experience for me in so many ways.

• laura1
    16 years ago

When I read the post I thought "It takes John Hopkins this LONG to make a study/report about things I've read about years ago...duh!"

So the report may not be from Johns Hopkins and there may be some inacuracies (I'm not researcher) but there is a lot of common sense there.

I just want to touch on sugar. I try to stay away from sugar as much as possible. It causes me problems from headaches to inflamation of joints. When I talk to the established medical profession about sugar they are totally surprised that sugar is a problem. Alternative healthcare practitioners know sugar is bad. I know from my person life what happens when I consume is vs. when I don't. OK-Getting of MY SOAPBOX

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

I believe that diet has a huge impact on health. Being an RN I have seen this time and time again.
    My grandmother always has a healthy diet (she actually counts her veggie/fruit/grain/meat/etc servings) She almost never eats out even tho she could, and she never drinks pop or eats junkfood. She is in her 90s and still going strong with no illness, she told me that once she gets her eyes lasered she will be good for another 10 years LOL! She also exercises alot with her walking group.
    My grandfather smoked unfiltered ciggarettes since he was 14 and did get eventually get emphysema but never got any type of lung cancer. He lived to his later 80s. I really believe that he stayed healthy so long because my grandmother made him eat the way she did, even though he hated veggies lol. Of course she made him smoke outside.
    I really need to be more like her lol.

• mistiaggie
    16 years ago

Everyone should check out snopes before believing any forward they are sent in an email. Period. It irritates me to no end.

• laura1
    16 years ago

Yeah, I get the snopes updates and have caught several forwards that were bogus. I love to forward the snopes information back to the sender...and everyone they sent it to (reply all!)

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, won't happen again.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Kathy, please don't feed bad. We've all been taken in by stories on the net we wanted to believe were true.

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Kate for being so KIND and not Rude!

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

I remember about 10 years ago one of my girlfriends "well intentioned" husband would give their 5 year old child a diet root beer because he was so against sugar and caffeine..........

And I remember how I cringe when ever he would do this... he honestly thought aspertaine ( spelling ? ) was better for the small child than sugar.

I personally never touch the stuff.... or spell it ! LOL !

I think the best word that can be used in life is moderation.

That is unless you are talking plants !

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

It is common for quacks to mix common sense with quackery, that way when the common sense pays off it looks like the quackery worked. Science based medicine picks things apart and studies one or two factors at a time, so they can ensure that every single thing they do is effective and not wasteful, quacks do not.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH