SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovefornature

Questions about my Conifers

lovefornature
16 years ago

Hi everyone.

I have two very nice conifers in my front yard. They are both of a different species. Neither one of them have cones, however they bear some kind of fruit. They are about 30 feet tall.

My first question is who would I call (I am assuming some kind of tree expert) to see why they are developing brown patches on them. I want to know if these trees are dying or savable.

My second question applies to the first as well. I would love to know what these trees are exactly. A lady and gentlemen pulled into my driveway last night as it was getting dark and told me what a beautiful specimen of a Spruce I had and every time they drive by they adorn it. Do all spruces have cones?

My third question is how in the heck do I keep all of these vines, etc. from growing up into these two trees because they are so very dense to the ground. We try to cut them out every year but they just keep coming back.

I was thinking that these two trees are dying, but I would really like to know if they are savable, that is why I asked the first question.

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Comments (21)