SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy_the_pooh

Favorite Gift for a Gardener

Wendy_the_Pooh
20 years ago

What's the gift you would most like to get from others for your garden, or what have you given another gardener? It could be a plant, a tool to garden with, a garden service, a gift basket with packets of seeds, a special trellis, handmade pottery, a potting bench... Maybe you would like something yourself or have have already given something to someone else.

I've given gift certificates to a local nursery, garden books, and a collapsible garden waste container (Fiskars) to my sister-in-law, as well as Amaryllis bulbs from White Flower Farm (WFF).

I've given my stepson a book on gardening hints ("1001 Hints & Tips for Your Garden") from Reader's Digest, perennial divisions and many houseplants (with wooden sticks stuck in the soil containing care instructions, and free check-ups when I visit).

I've gotten gift cards or certificates from Lowes and Agway, and an I.O.U. for a shrub, which I got to choose, books on perennials and bulbs, and a gift subscription to "The Gardener" Magazine from WFF.

How about your ideas/gifts? There are more birthdays coming soon...

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery