SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christianlynn_gw

Need suggestions for small or intermediate conifer tree (please?)

christianlynn
15 years ago

Hello. My husband and i love the Cedrus Deodora and hope to find a variety of it, or something similar, that we can plant near the corner of our house. The problem is that we may be in this house for some time and the space will not accommodate a 70-foot tree. Another problem IÂm running into is that most of these trees seem to be of slow growth. As a result, we would rather purchase a tree thatÂs already around 8-10 feet tall, rather than waiting 10 years for it to fill the space, but that seems harder to find. Ultimately, weÂre thinking we would like the tree to max out to be around 20 feet (or less). I've heard that 'Snow Sprite' might be a good choice as it is a dwarf, but most of what I've read about it says that it's mounding rather than the Christmas tree shape we're looking for. Also, i'm thinking it might be too small? Can anyone recommend a variety of Deodora or something else with the same graceful, Christmas tree shape and appearance? WeÂre really new at this, and any advice would be greatly welcomed. Thank you!

PS We are in SunsetÂs zone 15, and the tree would be in the sun. Also, weÂre not too picky about the color (blue, green, white, etc.)  thanks again âº

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths