SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trere

Help! Weeping Larch S.O.S

trere
11 years ago

We have purchased a Weeping Larch, and have only had it in the ground for a couple of weeks. It is turning brown and has some definite damage. I was hoping it was transplant shock or sunburn but after further inspection it has some other issues. The first thing I noticed was a sore on the main leader, leaking sap. Is it Canker, please say no!!! I also noticed another wound hidden by the bamboo stake holding it up. I think this one may be due to rubbing, and not sure how I missed it. It also has some browning on the crown, and some branches have discoloration from tips in. I guess what I am asking is first could it possibly have canker? Do we have that in Alberta? Everything I have read about it says the tree is a goner. If its not Canker what can I due to help it heal or prevent further damage from pests and diseases? Or is this a pest or another type of disease? I've googled what I can but hopefully one of you in the know will be able to help diagnose this!!! Thanks in advance for all of your input! I will post a bunch of pics too....

Comments (18)