SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memo3

Hot and Dry...Help!

memo3
14 years ago

I live on a corner lot with the highway that runs through town on the west side of my house and a side street that runs on the north side. The "hell" strips between the street and sidewalks are about 12 feet deep at the corners and get wider as they progress down each road. This leaves a bed that has a wide circular curve as you would turn the corner and is enclosed by the sidewalks. The bed is then somewhat of a triangle shape except the curb side is rounded. I have no doubt that bed will be hot as the dickens in summer, mounded with snow from the plows in the winter and covered in gravel each time the state maintenance trucks sand the roads in winter. I raked a ton of sand out of the bed. It's currently nothing but small weeds and large bare space.

I would like to do something with this space to make it more attractive. I feel I must keep things somewhat low so that drivers can see well as they approach and turn the corner, from all directions.

I've come up with a couple of things but I'm not sold on any of them yet.

Could you all, please, put your heads together for me and tell me what you would do with a space like this if it were yours? I'd love to hear any ideas you have. I live in zone 4. Thanks!

MeMo

Comments (9)

Sponsored