SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftygardener_gw

WANTED: ... gardeners to participate in a seed swap/trade

Crafty Gardener
17 years ago

Wanted - gardeners to participate in a seed swap/trade.

I have organized lots of seeds swaps at Garden Web. It is time to start another one as we'll all be gathering seeds soon. This swap will be for annual or perennial seeds - either flower, herb or veggies.

Each participant sends me 10 small packets of seeds. Seed packets need to be labelled with type of seed, annual or perennial, colour and any further details you feel is necessary. You can send 10 packets of the same seed or a variety of seeds. You can include your name on each packet of seeds if you wish.

You also need to include a SASE, preferably a small brown bubble envelope that will hold the 10 packets to return to you. The envelope must be addressed to you and have two 51 cent stamps on it to ensure delivery back to you. No stamps ... no seeds returned. Please do not use the small white envelopes as the seed packets won't fit in or will end up splitting the envelope.

When all seeds have been received I will sort them out and mail you back at least 10 different packets of seeds. I have lots of seeds from my gardens so you will probably end up with more than 10 packets of seeds.

If you are interested in participating, email me and I will email you back with my mailing address. The deadline for sending the seeds to me will be September 22, 2006. I will get the seeds out in the mail the following week. Any seeds received after the deadline will be put back in the SASE and returned to the sender. It is up to you to remember to mail the seeds to me.

This is a great way to start a friendship garden and get new seeds for that winter sowing project or to save for next spring.

Who is going to join the seed swap?

Comments (75)

• wlongon5b
    17 years ago

If you are still accepting more seed exchange participants, I would love to join.
    email - wlong@rogers.com

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yep, we now have 22 swappers. There is always room for more swappers until about the first week in September .. then it is getting a bit too close to the mailing deadline.

• Related Discussions

Fall planting garden seed trade list- have and want

Q

Comments (1)
    I am going to send you an email!
    ...See More

WANTED: Theme Garden Seed Swap Participants

Q

Comments (0)
    If anyone is interested in the Theme Garden Seed Swap, it is posted on the Round Robin Exchange Board I won't be checking the board here so if you want more information or to sign up please follow the link. Link: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg0900480714157.html?14279 Jeanne
    ...See More

have: swap!! the great perennial garden trading party

Q

Comments (1)
    Oh Julie! I wish I could have gone to this! My weekends are now totally messed up into October - can't even make our GW Swap now and I'm rather upset... Miss you bunches :) -Marie
    ...See More

WANTED: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Trade Lists: Put Your Haves & Wants

Q

Comments (137)
    Final update, for me anyways. Sylvia : Papi Amarillis, lavender mint, pink rose For me : Yellow bird of paradise, culinary sage, lemon mint, schoolhouse lily if you have any extra Phyllis : Varigated ginger, lavender mint, lemongrass For me : Flame acanthus, sabrina hollyhocks, purple butterfly bush Seamommy : Orchid For me : Pots and purple salvia will be great Fortunegardener : Rose and mexican mint marigold For me : Texas Star Hibiscus, garden phlox preferred or sedum is fine element : 3 gallon potted Vitex seedling do you have any potted plants on my wish list?? or kombucha baby or several 3 gallon or large pots?? barkingdogwoods : I have a large hawaiian crinum spiderlily, multiplying onions, elephant garlic For me : rooted fig cuttings, corona de cristo passionflower I will have some extras for the orphan table for sure. See you all Saturday.
    ...See More
  • willy46
    17 years ago

hi craftygardener its willy like to join seed swap please let me know willy

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad you joined us Willy ... I got your email and replied.

We ae up to 23 swappers now ... great turn out!!

• snowqueen
    17 years ago

I'd love to join too, if it's not too late.
    Donna

• skraps
    17 years ago

I would love to join this swap to please

Dianne

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are up to 25 swappers now. This is great.
    Info has been sent out to the last couple that joined.

Participants are
    1. Crafty Gardener
    2. claubill
    3. jessiebird
    4. rosco_p
    5. hdsherwin
    6. laine2
    7. daylady
    8.wendy2shoes
    9. signet

1. venuscat - still need email so I can send info
      11.JustCarol
    2. seedwizard
    3. Sunflower1948
    4. brenda158
    5. eva_madison
    6. shanta_5
    7. chatty_cathy
    8. tatoo21_338
    9. catteacorner
    10. frst time gardener
    11. wlongon5b
    12. one dart
    13. willy46
    14. snowqueen
    15. skraps
  • flowerldy
    17 years ago

Please count me in. You have mail.
    Thanks
    Jenn

• eternity2669
    17 years ago

I would love to join too! Count me in, you have mail.

Thanks

Melanie

• rose_tbay
    17 years ago

Hi there ... count me in too, if it's not too late. Rose ( rgatts63@hotmail.com)

• gardengal106 Gardening In General
    17 years ago

I would love to join the fun.
    Have sent my addy.
    Thanks

• cowgirl2
    17 years ago

I think this is very exciting.

Sign me up.

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW - we are up to 32 swappers now. Great participation.

cowgirl2 - click on my user name and send me email with your email addy ... I don't have it yet ... your user settings are set to hide your email ... I can't send you the details until I get your eamil
    Thanks

• kellyrae
    17 years ago

Hi There
    Would love to join in the fun.
    Thank-you so much for taking on such a "huge" exchange.
    I sure hope you have an understanding mail person!
    Kelly

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

cowgirl2 and kellyrae

- click on my user name and send me email with your email addy ... I don't have it yet ... your user settings are set to hide your email ... I can't send you the details until I get your eamil ... Thanks

*****After the Labour Day weekend, (September 4) I will NOT be accepting any more people into this swap.*****

Thanks for understanding

• brenda158
    17 years ago

Is there a specific number of seeds we should send?

• ian_bc_north
    17 years ago

CraftyGardener,
    You have eMail
    Ian

• beginner_gardener
    17 years ago

I would love to take part sounds wonderful
    jteam7@rogers.com

Thanks

• trishzone7
    17 years ago

Hello,

I would love to be part of this, you have email.
    Trish

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We now have 38 folks in the seed swap/trade. I have already started to receive some envelopes of seeds.

For those that haven't already mailed their envelope, could you please include your Garden Web name so that I can keep track of who sent their seeds.

Just a reminder that I should receive the seeds by Sept. 22/06. It is up to you to remember to send them to me, I don't have time to email everyone individually. Updates will be posted here and at the website I set up.

*****After the Labour Day weekend, (September 4) I will NOT be accepting any more people into this swap.*****

Thanks for understanding

• gillycat
    17 years ago

I am hoping to be included in this. Hopefully since it is still labour day as I send this off I have made the deadline. If not - my loss

Thanks Gilly
    muspic@rogers.com

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are up to 41 swappers.

For those that haven't already mailed their envelope, could you please include your Garden Web name so that I can keep track of who sent their seeds.

Just a reminder that I should receive the seeds by Sept. 22/06. It is up to you to remember to send them to me, I don't have time to email everyone individually. Updates will be posted here and at the website I set up.

Thanks for understanding

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've had some messages from folks that joined the swap saying that they didn't receive any info from me. I did have a couple of emails returned saying they couldn't be delivered so they were resent. If you use Hotmail you should check in your junk mail folder as my email could of been put in there. But if for some reason you did not receive my mailing address please let me know.

I am NOT accepting any more people into this swap.
    I need to receive the seeds by Sept. 22 if you wish to be included in the swap. Any seeds received after that date will be returned to you in the SASE. Thanks for understanding.

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The seed swap envelopes are arriving almost daily now. The mail carrier must wonder whay is going on at my house.

Please check the link below to see if your envelope has been received.

Thanks to those that are being very generous and including some extra packets to distribute.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Swap

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I hoping that everyone will have their seeds in the mail to me by this weekend. Remember I want to have them by Sept. 22 so that I can do up the envelopes and get them back in the mail.
    Check the seed swap page to see if yours have been received yet.

• shirlsgarden
    17 years ago

Hello
    Just joined and I think this is a great idea, are you going to have another exchange say in the Spring. I would be very interested.
    Thanks
    Shirls Garden

sbnelson@can.rogers.com

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi ShirlsGarden - yes I am sure I will do another swap later on. But there is another member who is organizing a different swap and you might want to join that one.

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There is just a few days left for your seeds to arrive at my house. I really appreciate it that some folks have emailed me and said they have put them in the mail.

Remember it is up to you to mail the seeds to me. I won't be sending any individual emails.

Please continue to check the seed swap page I set up.

• getfluffy
    17 years ago

Hi,
    please count me in!
    Fluffy

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi getfluffy - sorry but I didn't accept any new names in this swap after the Labour Day weekend. It was mentioned a few messages ahead of this one. This swap is nearing completion, as all seeds are due to me by Sept. 22. I will be organizing another one in a month or so. There is also another swap going on here at the Canadian Garden Exchange.
    Thanks for understanding.

• beginner_gardener
    17 years ago

Hi Linda
    Just wanted to let you know that the seeds for the swap went out in the mail yeaturday - hopefully they make the deadline. LOL I will keep checking your site for updates.

Thank you, can't wait to see what we all get.
    Tina

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well folks the deadline for me to receive the seeds is here. I have updated the seed swap page. There are 10 participants that have not sent the seeds, 2 participants tell me the seeds are in the mail. I did receive 3 lots of seeds but can't mark beside your Garden Web name as it wasn't included. I will begin to sort the seeds at the beginning of the week.

Thanks to all the participants.

• claubill
    17 years ago

I guess I forgot to mention that the seeds were mailed Monday.

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The deadline has come and gone. I waited an extra day and received 3 lots of seeds today. I have one lot of seeds with a real name, and a Garden Web name that said they mailed the seeds. I hoping that these 2 names connect and all the seeds have arrived.

I have started the process of re-labelling the envelopes and adding the postage and I am starting to share out the seeds. I know that some of you requested specific seeds to be sent back, but due to the huge numbers of seeds it will be impossible for me to go through them all and look for specific ones.  I just don't have that amount of time.Â

I have not heard from 6 participants. As originally mentioned in the directions, seeds received after the deadline will be sent back to you in your SASE. I'm assuming since none of you contacted me you decided not to participate, which is absolutely fine.

Thanks to everyone that got their seeds out. Thanks for the extra seeds for sharing. Other gardeners will benefit from these.

• Crafty Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The seeds are all shared out and the envelopes are ready to go back into the mail on Wed. Sept. 27/06

There were 5 people I never heard from. If by any chance the seeds arrive in the next few days they will be returned as orginally stated in the first instructions.

Thanks to everyone that participated. I really hope you will enjoy the selection of seeds you get back.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all again in another seed swap.

• wendy2shoes
    17 years ago

Linda..thanks so much for taking the time to organize this swap. It's always so much fun to receive surprises in the mail..just like an early Christmas! Can't wait!

• kellyrae
    17 years ago

WOW!
    Thanks so much for organizing such a great seed exchange for us Linda.
    Really looking forward to receiving my seeds and participating in the next one. Although I'm sure you need a big break after taking on all the work you put into this one.
    Thanks Again
    Kelly

• wlongon5b
    17 years ago

Thank you Linda for taking on this huge task. This is my first seed swap and I have really enjoyed it. Can't wait to get my seeds back!! It won't be my last!!!! Thanks again for all your hard work. Wendy

• wendy2shoes
    17 years ago

Got my package today!! Woo Hoo! Thanks to Ian_BC_NORTH for forwarding those poppy seeds..now I won't have to bug Tiffy again! Special thanks to all those who participated..now..where am I going to plant all this new stuff?

• skraps
    17 years ago

I got my seeds today thank you so much and especially all your hard work and patience.. Really getting excited about winter sowing these seeds.

• willy46
    17 years ago

hi Linda
    Thank you for large task you took on, in organize this swap THANKS ALL THE SUPRISES that was fun.lets do it next year.if do let me know, thank you passing it on,lewisia cotylodon,big job you took on.
    willy

• ian_bc_north
    17 years ago

Thanks Linda for all the work!
    Got my package today, faster than anticipated.

Wendy  youÂre welcome!

Have fun everybody.
    Ian

• signet_gw(6b)
    17 years ago

I dont get it. Ian in B.C. has received his seeds and yet I live in Ontario and havent seen hide nor hair of my package .....why does it take 6 days and counting to get an envelope from one place in Ontario to another place in Ontario ...just one more point against Canada Lost ....oops did I say Canada Lost ? I guess I meant Canada Post.

Signet

• brenda158
    17 years ago

Just wanted to let you know I receive my package today. Thanks for all the work you put into it.
    Brenda

• Shanta_5
    17 years ago

Linda
    Thanks so much
    I receiving my seeds .Thank you Linda Thanks Again .

Shanta

• eternity2669
    17 years ago

HI Linda:

Thank you so much for getting this trade together!!! Got my package in the mail yesterday.

Sincerely,

Melanie

• wlongon5b
    17 years ago

Linda,
    I received my seeds yesterday. I can't wait to see them in bloom next summer. Thanks again Wendy

• one_dart
    17 years ago

thanks for the seeds linda,great job ,thanks to all who traded too,all the best

• snowqueen
    17 years ago

I received my seeds earlier this week, thanks to Linda for organizing this swap & to everyone who participated. I can't wait to see them blooming next summer.
    Donna

• jessebird
    17 years ago

I got my seeds last monday. Thanks so much to everyone for the trades and especially to Linda for organizing it. Bev.

Sponsored