SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftygardener_gw

WANTED: ... gardeners to participate in a seed swap/trade

Crafty Gardener
17 years ago

Wanted - gardeners to participate in a seed swap/trade.

I have organized lots of seeds swaps at Garden Web. It is time to start another one as we'll all be gathering seeds soon. This swap will be for annual or perennial seeds - either flower, herb or veggies.

Each participant sends me 10 small packets of seeds. Seed packets need to be labelled with type of seed, annual or perennial, colour and any further details you feel is necessary. You can send 10 packets of the same seed or a variety of seeds. You can include your name on each packet of seeds if you wish.

You also need to include a SASE, preferably a small brown bubble envelope that will hold the 10 packets to return to you. The envelope must be addressed to you and have two 51 cent stamps on it to ensure delivery back to you. No stamps ... no seeds returned. Please do not use the small white envelopes as the seed packets won't fit in or will end up splitting the envelope.

When all seeds have been received I will sort them out and mail you back at least 10 different packets of seeds. I have lots of seeds from my gardens so you will probably end up with more than 10 packets of seeds.

If you are interested in participating, email me and I will email you back with my mailing address. The deadline for sending the seeds to me will be September 22, 2006. I will get the seeds out in the mail the following week. Any seeds received after the deadline will be put back in the SASE and returned to the sender. It is up to you to remember to mail the seeds to me.

This is a great way to start a friendship garden and get new seeds for that winter sowing project or to save for next spring.

Who is going to join the seed swap?

Comments (75)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions