SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Cottage Garden Reconstruction -- Need Advice

sergeantcuff
15 years ago

I am stuck inside because it is raining and am trying to do some planning. I would really appreciate some input.

I am redoing this area. My driveway is in my backyard, so nearly everyone enters the house this way. This is the first area I did when we moved in 10 years ago. I filled it with the old-fashioned flowers I love which reseeded and led to a jolly jumble.

Now I want a slightly more structured garden that looks good year-round. Last fall I planted some small trees and shrubs. (area much larger than photos show) This spring I ordered some more roses. Then I'll fill in with my favorites like foxgloves and lady's mantle.

{{gwi:657496}}

I planted a small globe arborvitae for "accent" (Thuja Danica) supposed to stay under 2 feet) but it looked strange by itself so I moved it closer to the end of the walkway. Now it looks looks like it needs a twin on the other side. BUT this area is sloped and the left side of the walkway is higher than the right and they might look mismatched and / or too formal for this area, especially with the stone markers.

Would you use another globe on the left? Put the stone markers elsewhere? Move the globe elsewhere?

Thanks!

Maureen

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County