SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostalover_2008

HAVE: May/June Hosta Secret Swap Regulations

hostalover-2008
14 years ago

For those participating in the hosta secret swap: Cut off is May 22nd-I must have your info (email-address-first and last name) by that time to be involved. You will be recieving the name of your intended receiver by May 24th; this gives you a week to collect, dig, or purchase what you are going to send. June 1st is the cut off to send your package out. A reminder for those of you involved: it's helpful if you update your exchange page so your sender knows what you already have and also what you want to receive. It has also been asked for everyone involved to have your trade info alphabetized for easier viewing.

Here we go....

1. The hosta secret swap is for at least ONE NAMED hosta. You are allowed to send more if you want but it/they must be Healthy, disease free, named variety of hosta, at least one eye with good rooting system. Please only send a hosta/s that you would be happy to receive.

2. Packages must be mailed out by June 1st. If there are any problems that arise about your package getting to the receiver on time please email me so that I can contact your secret trader.

3. All secret trades are to be mailed out by Canada Post, Fedex or UPS with a delivery confirmation #. Once your package is mailed, please email me with your package # or tracking # as this is used to track the package should a problem occur while hosta/s are in transit.

4. With the weather warming up now, please follow proper packaging of hostas --wet paper towels or wet newspaper around stems and roots then placed in baggy or freezer bag or similar plastic- be careful when using elastic bands to keep in place (but not too tight) around hostas. Label hosta/s on outside of baggy with proper name before enclosing in appropriate sized box when sending the plant/s(as to not harm the contents.)

5.Emails will be sent to everyone involved by May 24th with your intended recipient. Plants to be sent out by June 1st.

On a final note; this should be a lot of fun and we can avoid disappointment by making sure that all involved and sign up are committed to follow through and mail their packages out on time.

Cut off for joining is May 22nd.

Now let's swap.

Any questions or concerns, please email me privately.

Kim(hostalover-2008)

Comment

Sponsored
More Discussions