SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tunilla

Some random garden shots ...

tunilla
14 years ago

Hi folks. Here are a few pictures taken at random in the garden yesterday.We've been busy touring the plantshows in France and Italy for the last two months (21 in all between the two of us !) so, as usual,things got a bit out of hand as far as the garden maintenance is concerned.

I finished this small bench last week.Still looks a bit new but I'm sure mosses and lichens will soon make it blend in with the rest.

{{gwi:225497}}

The Picea pungens on the right remains a mystery.The side-shoots seem more vigorous than the leader who seems to be saying :'Let me have some of that juice as well!!!'

Vieuw of the rockery (still in the making) taken from that bench.Behind Picea abies 'Little Gem' (lower centre left)is a dwarf Elm tree(cv 'Jacqueline Hillier') wich I snatched -up at a Toulouse plantshow in April.I'm well chuffed with that- especially as it is supposed to be resistant to Dutch Elm disease (graphiosis) wich has wiped out all but a few of the mountain Elms around here.

{{gwi:225486}}

Another springtime acquisition :an unusual-shaped Pinus parviflora 'Negishi'.Behind it is Pinus mugo 'Mops' and to the left,higher-up a Pinus thunbergii 'Mayima'.

And another one I like : Pinus parviflora 'Gimborn's Ideal'.

Picea glauca 'Echiniformis' ... or is this one a P. mariana cv as well???

It's all pretty green at the moment,with daytime temps between 20 and 30 °C (roughly 70 - 85 °F) and nightime t° around 10°C or 50 °F. Regular showers and thunderstorms mean that we haven't had to water all that much.

So I've added some colour... Heuchera...Achillea etc.

And lastly, a backstage vieuw featuring various recent acquisitions amongst wich Picea pungens 'Hoopsii' and 'Procumbens', Picea glauca 'Pendula' and several others. The lawnmower has about half of it's parts missing, but is still fully operational!!!.

Hope you enjoyed this E-postcard from France! T.

Comments (13)