SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_in_west_seattle

HAVE: Too much bamboo. Several kinds.

Hi:

I am in West Seattle. I have several kinds of bamboo available for digging (by you). First available batch is outside my back fence along alley. I think it's Phyllostachys bambusoides. The culms are green. The nodes have a whitish ring. Neighbors are complaining as it leaned out into the alley and rubbed against their SUVs as they drove by. I cut it down to about 3 feet tall, but it is due to shoot soon, so you will have a fresh crop. Because it is cut you will not need a pickup truck. I also have uncut clumps of this. I have a lot of this kind.

You must have a strong back and good tools. If you have never dug bamboo before you may not want to undertake this. I do not want to have to call your next of kin. Please let me know if you are an experienced bamboo digger. Good idea to bring a friend or helper who also has tools and a strong back.

I may also have some Phyllostachys aureosulcata (Yellow Groove Bamboo).

Both of these are running bamboos, very beautiful! Perfect for a privacy screen.

Please let me know when you would like to come dig, and how much you are planning to take away.

There's nothing I need in exchange (garden is way full and overgrown), but feel free to off anything interesting you may have.

Comment

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting