SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvdaytimeactivities

Best Edible Rose +Will grow in Pot, only Morning sun in West LA?

What is the most delicious tasting Rose Petal; and a strong flavor, not a faint delicate one( + maybe also a -refreshing- flavor)? Does anyone know where I can buy an organic plant near me in West LA/ Santa Monica( preferably 1 that is flowering or will flower soon)? Also happy to find out about online places, but prefer in person.

Which variety will flower generously in a pot, and be hard for a novice to kill, on an east facing balcony in West LA that only gets direct light from early morning til 10:45am, then indirect for rest of day( and there are places on the balcony which can be almost entirely shade if that is better). There will of course be a little less sun in the winter.

I believe that traditionally its the tiny light pink, almost coral/peach, colored ones that were used in the Middle East, but I find myself more attracted to the larger rose petals as their hardier and more generous texture seems more satisfying and more sustaining nutritionally.

I have no experience growing roses, though have had good success in the gardening I have done( have grown some potted herbs and ornamentals, plus citrus trees from seed; am currently trying Pitaya/ Dragon Fruit but don't know well how it will do).

Is this the best rose forum to get the answer to these questions?

Thank you so much!

~Diana(310)936-3150

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts