SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

update on my garden project:

User
17 years ago

I had a really good tree man come and he showed me which trees needed to come out so the rest will thrive. He is coming back on Tuesday and will grind the stumps too so I will have good compost to use.

The landscape guy came last week and then came back Monday with a plan. We will have a dry creek bed as our walkway through the backyard and that will take care of the runoff and also give us raised walking stones for when it is wet. He will use pea gravel around the stones. We will finish out the picket fence all the way around the property. Plant some more azaleas. Along the path in the back will be Hostas and ferns . We found the remnants of a stacked stone wall so we are going to dig up all of that and restack it and I have made a list of creeping plants : Ajuga, Creeping Jenny, sweet woodruf and phlox to plant.

I worked around the pool doing pots and have 4 new Provence Lavender plants in pots . I had bad luck with them in the ground due to limited sun and moisture excess. These will be along the wall where it is hotter and more sun. I fixed my strawberry pots with begonias and asparagas fern. Not to creative but they do well and are pretty.

If you have any ideas for the back to add to what I have listed please feel free. I am really excited about the plans so far. Caroline

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath