SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

WANTED: biannual bulb swap: fall blooming bulbs

cziga
16 years ago

So here it is, the Official Announcement for the Fall Blooming Bulb Swap!!!

IÂll be hosting a bi-annual event  one in the early Spring to exchange fall-blooming bulbs (planted in Spring) and then another in the early fall to exchange spring-blooming bulbs (planted in the Fall).

This Swap would be for fall-blooming bulbs, rhizomes, corms, etc.

Examples of bulbs include, but are not limited to:

Gladiolus, Dahlia, Daylily, Begonia, Peony, Calla Lilly, Crocosmia, Astible, Heuchera, Fall Crocus, Lily (as lilies can be planted in either Spring or Fall, they will be on both Spring and Fall lists). No Spring Blooming bulbs in this swap please!

Please NO common orange daylilies or ditch lilies.

NO common purple iris please.

Hardy and tender bulbs accepted.

Please only send bulbs that you would be happy to receive.

Dates:

Bulbs must be received by: March 1

Bulbs will be sent out no later than: March 15

Please remember that the box/bubble envelope you send your bulbs in is most likely the box you will be getting back, only filled with a variety of fun bulbs.

You need to include postage in the same amount as it costs you to send to me. No metered postage please (as it expires) - stamps or cash is acceptable.

Please mark the bulbs you are sending. The bulbs you receive will have the name of the bulbs plus the name of the person that sent them attached.

Please remember to label your bulbs, with the name/cultivar if possible. If you donÂt know the name please give some info, like flower color, variegated leaves, zone, etc.

If I receive bulbs on this end that are dried out or moldy, I will not swap them but will send them back to you. Please send only bulbs that you would be happy to receive!

You may include a small wishlist of some bulbs you would like to receive in return, and I will try to accommodate at least one, if not more, of your requests.

You may also include a small like of bulbs you would NOT like to receive, if there are any!

Please also include your GardenWeb name so I can keep everyone straight.

If youÂd like to participate in this swap, you can post on this thread and I will send you an email through your member page, or you can email me through my GardenWeb member page, and I will give you my mailing address. My GardenWeb email is usually very reliable, but if I havenÂt responded in several days, you might want to try and email me again!

This should be a lot of fun!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions