SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czech_gw

Woman's edible garden cut down by city

czech
11 years ago

I've already posted about this in the Oklahoma garden forum, but I also felt the need to post about this here.

A Tulsa, Oklahoma woman had her edible garden cut down by city officials.

I find this outrageous and I can't even imagine what I would have done if I had been in that woman's place, watching as my livelihood and source of food was being razed down.

Being able to grow your own food is both gratifying and liberating. More and more people are looking to grow edibles in their gardens for a variety of reasons: economic concerns, health worries, a desire for self-sufficiency, culinary interests, or concerns over genetically modified food.

I grow my own food because I like having fresh produce available to me when I cook, and I derive great pleasure in knowing that I can sustain myself somewhat. I am not a homesteader, but come summertime, I rarely have to go to the grocery store save for items like milk and eggs.

I'd like to get a conversation started about some of the reasons why you began growing their own food and what you would do if you were in this woman's shoes?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!