SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armyyife

Need your help..What seeds/plants do well in poor soil?

armyyife
15 years ago

I have two long areas along the back of my fence that just have poor dry soil (full sun). I have too many other areas that I already have enough work to do in and I just don't have the time or money to amend the soil good enough to grow most plants in. I have been adding little by little to these area but for whatever reason it is still poor.

So anyway, because it is a magnet for weeds and grass and looks terrible as it is visible from the street I want a quick fix for this year as I'm tired of looking at it. The fence runs along the entire back of my property and has 2 med. sized maples and between them I have good soil where I have 5 antique roses and a butterfly bush growing in. Then on each side of that I have ugly. So I borrowed a friends tiller and plan to just till up what their is and scatter seeds like Cosmos (only ones I can think of that can actually grow there) all over so I have sort of like wildflower beds on either side. Can you all please suggest some that maybe you know of that would be ok here? HELP!!

Meghan

Comments (16)

Sponsored