SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gcmastiffs

What edibles are you enjoying now?

gcmastiffs
19 years ago

I'm picking Sweet Charlie Strawberries twice a day, Blueberries every few days, Miracle Fruit, Tropic Beauty and Tropic Snow Peaches, Calamondins, Sunraycer Nectarines and my favorite - meltingly sweet Mulberries!

Next up are Mangos, Plums, Apples, Blackberries, Raspberries, Grapes, Guavas, Black Sapote, Sugar Apple, Citrus, Tamarind, and Carambola.

Already ate all the Loquat fruits (Yummmm).

Hoping for some cherries from the Cherry of the Rio Grande shrubs and the Barbados Cherry. Don't expect any Bananas this year due to the severe damage from hurricanes. Macadamia tree is nice and big, but no flowering yet. Gave up on the Avocados, replaced them with the gorgeous Sapote tree.

Pitayas, Jackfruit, Pomegranate, Persimmons, Pears and Cacao trees are growing beautifully, but too young for fruit.

Whatta you got in your yard?? Please share your favorites in the taste department too. I was very, very pleased with the Tropic Snow white Peaches-they were/are superb. Am totally addicted to Mulberries, ordered a variety from Excalibur Rare Fruit Trees that has 4" long, white fruit that taste like honey. I'm ashamed to say that I stood under that giant tree stuffing myself with the huge berries. Not that I needed another MB, I have 6 young trees now(G). We do need the privacy screening though, of such leafy, beautiful trees-so I can justify them that way(G).

Lisa

Comments (18)

Sponsored