SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleymermaid

Confused about Drying Lavender. Looking for advice.

valleymermaid
16 years ago

Can you use the stem of dry Lavender for making potpourri, I want to use for a sachet? I have never dried flowers before and would like to learn, but with all the research I have done on the net I find myself more confused than informed. Lots of info seems to be contradicting, so I don't know for sure what and when etc,.

Do you really have to let the Lavender dry upside down in a garage for at least a month? I wonder if my garage is to hot? We keep it cool in our house in the summer time with our a/c, so I don't have a dark warm room inside. I live in Visalia California, (zone 8),right in the pit of the San Joaquin Valley, where it gets pretty hot and even humid in the summer time.

If I am adding essential oils to my dried lavender, does it really matter how early in the morning I harvest them? It gets pretty hot here, pretty early. How about evening? Is that comparable to mornings?

Can anyone recommend a good, easy, book for a beginner? I know nothing about drying or pressing. I would like to learn about when to harvest, easy methods of how to dry, and press, and how to make my own potpourri? Nothing complicated. Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022