SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wren_garden

Snow in Summer, looks how thru the summer?

wren_garden
15 years ago

Well it is down to the last details for the new bed of Daylilies. There will be a rose shrub in the center, sun loving small hosta bracketing the rose,with "mystic" penstamen in amongst the daylilies which will be in one row all the way around the rose. It is a raised bed that can be viewed from any side. It will be a cinder block raised bed of 2 blocks high which will be stained dark. NOW the question that relates to the thread title. Would Snow in Summer be a good edger for this bed, planted at the rim of the bed spreading out onto the caps to the cinder blocks. Does Snow in Summer look ok thru the summer or do you have to hack it back to stumps after the spring bloom. I need something to soften the edges of the blocks. It does not have to bloom but it should cascade, spread out or creep it's way over the block caps. The Daylilies and roses are Pinks, Reds and Whites so no yellows. I was thinking of getting Snow in Summer seed from Outside Pride to help with the cost.Sorry about the long winded description but I thought It would help to have the whole picture. Snow in Summer? OR Something you could recommend? Thank you! Elizabeth

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction