SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

What's your favorite thing to plant in your pots/containers?

I know I started a similar thread just last year...but I am excited about pots again! I bought a new terra cotta yesterday to add to my little collection ;-)

What do you like to plant in your pots/containers? Do you like to put a single plant in there, or many different kinds? Veggies? Herbs? Perennials?

One year, in one of my rare creative moments, I did a lovely pot where I put an ornamental black Millet, dwarf red/bronze Marigolds, golden Gazania, and some trailing thing (yes, 'Thing' is the latin term, lol). It was very pretty, but such a water-hog. I decided that crowding a lot of them doesn't work well here!

I am not really into flowering annuals, and don't like to plant perennials in containers since I will have to take them out in the fall or bury the whole pot.

Recently I have been planting mostly veggies and herbs in my terra cotta. I love the way they look!

Here is a big scented Pelargonium (which is now overwintering in the living room).

{{gwi:639360}}

My 'Sungold' tomato by the shed (that needs painting, again) Love the swag garland detail on this pot. My new one looks just like it but is a rectangle and twice this size. Oh! Maybe I could put hot peppers in it!!

{{gwi:639361}}

And my favorites- green and purple basil! They were beautiful in bloom- especially the purple leafed basil that had light purple flowers.

{{gwi:639362}}

Let's hear what you like to plant in your pots. And I would love to see pics if you have any!

CMK

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting