SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Plenty of blooms, but no leaves...Why?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

Hi...

All my cirtus trees are doing awsome. But this one tree that I received back last December has me mystified and stumped.

It is a "ponderosa lemon". It is about 4 feet tall. It is in a clay pot in well draining soil.

I fugured I would let a whole year go by and give it a chance before I ask for help on this. I let it grow outside all summer, feed it on a regular basis, keep it in full sun, then under lights and in a south facing window in the winter. It has had full sun since last winter. Out in full sun all summer. Yet that tree does not want to produce one leaf, not even new growth, but the roots look very healthy and it gets treated just like all my other trees that are doing quite well..:

In fact, it is drinking water, beacuse the soil dries out just as quickly as those that have leaves!!

I was wondering if anyone might have an idea why it does not want to push anything but blooms?

It has bloomed 5 times since last winter, and when it isn't blooming, it is just bare.

When I first recieved it in the mail last winter, it was full of leaves and then dropped them all. Nothing since.:-(

Thank so much!

Comments (6)